2023 Author: Philip Bishop | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-08-25 07:54
- What is bulk plaster?
- How to make bulk plaster?
- What materials are used?
The fact that the classics are becoming more and more popular every year is no longer surprising. One has only to look at such a segment as apartment renovation. One of the clearest confirmation of this is the volumetric plaster. But today, it is significantly different from the one that was in the past.
It is known that walls have a huge impact on the spatial component of a room. With the right approach to their design and decoration, you can increase the space on a visual level, approximately three or four times. Not the least value in this regard is also the volumetric plaster.
What is bulk plaster?
Bulk plaster is a sculpting of patterns based on the material for finishing the wall surface. Thanks to her, you can fulfill almost any design ideas: outlining landscapes, modeling classical patterns, etc. But very often, this decision becomes a real salvation. For example, from an awkward, protruding beam or a column standing in the middle of a room that cannot be dismantled, you can make a real masterpiece that will become an integral part of the decor.
Modern designers, based on innovative technologies, are able to make a real work of art through volumetric plaster. Just imagine a tree in your room protruding from the wall against the backdrop of a sunset with fluttering butterflies and blooming flowers. This is just one example. The most widespread method of finishing wall surfaces in trade pavilions or restaurants.
The easiest way is to use regular putty to create beautiful decorated wall art.
An inexpensive option for creating beautiful textures with your own hands is shown in the video.
You will need the following materials:
Polymer putty, finishing “Weber.vetonit LR + - $ 9 for
20kg Latex paint Farbmann Standart 5 base A 0.9l - $ 5
Polishing is carried out with sandpaper.
Now the following sequence has shown itself best: by hand, you need to clean the entire surface 320 - 400 (these numbers mean the grain size, so ask the seller, he will understand), then polish 1000 through the drill bit (after that you will see gloss), then 1200 and 2000. The whole process is pretty fast.
A way to create a decor with your own hands in the literal sense:)
How to make bulk plaster?
In order for the volumetric plaster on the wall to become a real decoration of the room, special tools are used. And for those who have no experience in how to work with such materials, ready-made stencils are available for sale. Before starting work, a place is determined. If the plans are to create a full-scale panel with numerous patterns, you will not be able to do it on your own. But, even without experience, any unevenness and bulge, with the right approach, will create a wonderful effect.
Various effects are used to enhance the volume. For example, light-shadows. If done correctly, under different lighting conditions, a unique pattern will be created due to shadows. You need to be very careful with paint. When using coloring materials, you should also pay attention to the lighting. In daylight and artificial light, the displayed picture may look different and it will not always be beautiful.
Preparation and priming of wall bases.
• Before starting work, a stencil is attached to the surface;
• A layer of plaster is applied over the stencil using an appropriate tool;
• A pattern is applied;
• After applying the pattern, the stencil is removed even before the mixture has time to set;
• The finishing touch is the coloring of the image.
This method is the most simple and affordable in terms of cost. More exclusive work done by experienced craftsmen is done by hand. In this case, the volumetric plaster on the wall is done using a set of special spatulas and trowels. This work is very painstaking and, depending on the scale, can take from several hours to several days.
What materials are used?
To create a three-dimensional pattern on the wall, use:
• Structural pastes - in structure and in the work itself, they are very similar to paint putties. They have a fairly high elasticity, and when dried, they are very durable. It contains water dispersion, fine aggregates and acrylic resins;
• Synthetic resin material is a more modern solution. The material is made using mineral fillers. It has special properties that significantly surpass gypsum counterparts in characteristics. These are the components used for large-scale projects;
• Gypsum is the simplest and most affordable way of applying volumetric drawings. It can be used both "raw" and with various additives. The disadvantages include poor adhesion and soft structure, which can collapse under mechanical stress. Therefore, gypsum mixes are used at home, where the degree of permeability and the risk of mechanical damage are minimal. On the other hand, working with gypsum mix is much easier. Options for how you can decorate and save money using available materials.
A simple way to decorate the walls in an apartment, while it is possible to use ordinary putty and plaster.
How to install a galvanized plaster beacon on the wall. Consider placing lighthouses with Rotband solution to the wall. Video how to install guides on the wall
Cheap ways to make decorative brick-like plaster with your own hands from rotband or tile glue. The technology makes it possible to imitate stone brickwork
Decorating walls with your own hands is a responsible process. Correctly selected materials, a competent approach to implementing the idea of wall decoration play an important role in the design of the room
How To Choose A Design For An Apartment And Decorate A Beautiful Interior For An Apartment Methods And Advice
Options and ways to decorate an apartment with your own hands, an overview of styles and decorative decorations that will help you decorate your future home on your own. Photo and video of apartment interiors
Variants of using glass blocks in the interior design of an apartment with the use of colored, matte and transparent patterns. Glass block partitions installation technology