2023 Author: Philip Bishop | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-08-25 07:54
- What is installation: design features
- Instrument characteristics
- Types of installations
- Advantages and disadvantages of installations
- Installation tips: major manufacturers
- Self-assembly rules
In recent years, the idea of installing a wall-hung toilet in the bathroom has become very popular. Due to the fact that in most apartments the bathroom is rather small, this solution not only saves space on the floor and wall, but also creates a certain style in the interior. The choice of installation instead of a conventional toilet is great for rooms with modern finishes.
What is installation: design features
The installation is a frame system that is built into the wall. This system is equipped with parts of a wall-hung toilet bowl, sewer pipes, a flush tank, flush buttons and other controls.
The installation itself consists of:
- Frames. It is made of steel and coated with a special agent to prevent moisture corrosion. Frame has pipe fittings and holes for wall mounting
- Drain tank. Usually equipped with a special system to protect the device from overfilling with water, as well as a door that allows repairs to be carried out without removing from the frame
- Toilet bowl. Most often it is suspended and made of ceramics
- Flush buttons. The key is connected to a drain device hidden in the wall.
The idea to create such a device came from Western countries. The interior designers tried to save the space of the bathroom as much as possible, and the specialist technologists turned the idea into reality.
A suspended toilet with an installation has features in its structure:
- The material of the cistern in installations is mainly plastic. This is due to the weight of the material. The ceramic tank will be heavy, and therefore it will not be possible to mount it on the wall. The plastic tank reduces the load on the entire frame system, because do not forget that the tank must be constantly filled with water. The aesthetic appearance of the tank is not at all important - it will be hidden in the wall
- Another difference between the installation and a conventional toilet is that the flush plate is located on the front panel, and not as standard on top of the tank.
- The design of the flush plate consists of two buttons, one of which allows you to drain all the water from the tank, the other only a third of the available volume. This design feature is suitable for those apartments in which a water meter is installed.
- The frame system with a tank after installation is hidden in the wall, only the control keys remain outside
- The toilet itself is securely attached to the wall or simultaneously to the floor and wall
After installation, the installation is covered with plasterboard or a decorative false panel.
A variety of wall-hung toilet bowls allows you to select a device for the general style of a bathroom, however, all installations have certain characteristics that must be taken into account before making the right choice.
- Toilet bowl material. The most reliable bowls are made of porcelain or earthenware. The beautiful appearance of porcelain products is due to the smoothness of the surface, however, recently, glazed earthenware models have been presented on the sanitary ware market, which also look good. Other materials for bowls are much inferior in appearance and cost. These are models made of metal, glass and polymer concrete.
- Bowl size. Toilet manufacturers have come up with three main sizes: compact, medium and oversized. The compact version has a length of up to 54 cm and is very convenient with a small bathroom area. Medium length models - up to 60 cm - are the most popular today. The increased length of the toilet bowl is designed for people with disabilities. Such product options reach 70 cm in length and are relevant if there is space in the bathroom.
- The shape and color of the toilet. If the bathroom already has a conceived interior, the toilet must be selected according to style. Most often, consumers opt for a white bowl, it is universal. In its shape, the bowl can be oval, round, square or with beveled corners. Toilets with a rounded shape are easier to clean.
- Flush. This characteristic of the installation allows you to choose a toilet with a circular or horizontal flush. In the first case, there are holes at the top of the thicket, from where water is supplied, cleaning the entire thicket in a circle. In the horizontal flush version, water enters the bowl from the back wall. Also, the flush can be automatic.
As you can see, the characteristics of a wall-hung toilet are almost the same as those of a toilet with a leg.
Types of installations
The way to hide the system in the wall is not new. Previously, in the device of standard toilets, it was also possible to hide the cistern from view, leaving only the flush button. Also, older models of wall-mounted toilets had a separate flush system that was not always hidden in the wall. However, over the years, installations for wall-hung toilet bowls have been developed, which today are:
Frame type. Everything is very clear here: the structure consists of a steel frame, which is the basis for a wall-hung toilet. Frame material - carbon steel, protected from rust. Modern models of frame installations have universal dimensions, thanks to which they allow you to connect any plumbing fixture to one drainage system: bidet, toilet, urinal. Most often, the mounting kit is designed for two mounting devices to choose from. The frame structure is fixed on the wall, but it is important to take into account that the wall material is reliable, therefore wood and drywall will not work as a support
Today, the installation is available in two types: the possibility of fixing the system to the wall with four screws, or fixing the system with two screws on the wall and two on the floor. In the latter version, there are special brackets that give stability.
Frame installation can be frontal and corner. The most popular model is frontal, however, if there is a lack of space in the bathroom, a corner installation will do. It is fixed in the corner of the room using special overlays at an angle of 45 degrees. The tank for such an installation will not be flat, but triangular.
Block-type installations. This installation option has a simpler design: a flat tank is fixed in a special set of fittings and then disguised. At the bottom of the device there is a mount for the toilet, and at the top is the place of articulation with the water pipe. The block installation is mounted only on the load-bearing wall, and the system itself is hidden in a decorative box. The best option for placing a block structure would be a niche in the wall. This type of installation will also significantly save space in the bathroom
The dimensions of the installations are small. The average width is about 50 cm, the depth is up to 30 cm, and the height is within 1-1.5 m.
Advantages and disadvantages of installations
You should not naively believe advertising gimmicks, it is better to figure out what the pros and cons are hanging toilet bowls with installation. The advantages of such models include:
- Since the wall-hung toilet has no leg, cleaning the floor near the toilet will be much easier. It will also be easier to wash the toilet itself, and place the necessary toilet accessories in the vacated space: a brush, a freshener or a rug.
- Compactness of the device. Even in the smallest bathroom, it is preferable to install a wall-hung toilet rather than a standard one.
- Since the drain system is disguised in the wall, or hidden behind a false panel (in the case of a block installation), the noise level during flushing will be much lower than usual
- When installed correctly, wall-hung toilet bowls are durable and reliable, even without a floor leg.
- Functionality. If required, the wall-hung toilet can be combined with the bidet
- The design of the flushing system is much better and more reliable than in floor-standing toilet bowls
- Now you don't have to puzzle over how to get around the toilet leg when laying underfloor heating or mosaic tiles - the floor will be fully accessible
- Hanging toilets have a spectacular appearance and will fit into any bathroom design, even the most original
Of course, like any other product, installations are not without drawbacks:
- The high cost of copies is the main disadvantage of such models.
- Particular difficulty in installing the structure
- The need to create a niche in a wall or decorative panel
- All pipes and connections will be embedded in the wall or covered with a cladded panel, in which case the repair of the system is difficult
All disadvantages will be exhausted if the installation is carried out by experienced specialists.
Installation tips: major manufacturers
When choosing an installation system with a wall-hung toilet, you should take into account their design features. It is better to immediately choose high-quality plumbing than to waste time and money on repairs. The main selection criteria are as follows:
- Decide on the size of your future installation. Clearly measure all the parameters of the future site for the installation of the system
- When choosing the toilet itself, pay attention to its quality and manner of execution
- Having decided on the model, check the presence of all fasteners of the system, as well as the operability of the parts of the drain mechanism
- Consider in advance the possibility of replacing parts in case of breakdown. It happens that certain parts are very difficult to find in your city, so choose those models that imply a quick replacement of broken elements
Today, the market for sanitary ware, in particular hanging toilet bowls, is represented by such manufacturers as Laufen, Roca, Ifo - brands of European brands. These manufacturers are of high quality and average prices. The Polish brand Cersanit is very popular among consumers due to its low prices. Russian brands Sanita, Keramin, Santek also produce good models. The market leaders of installations are Geberit and Grohe, which are valued for their high quality, although they are expensive.
The process of setting up an installation system is not easy. If you already have experience in installing such structures, then you can try to install this system, the main thing is to do everything slowly and calculate everything in advance. A few tips for self-installation of a wall hung toilet with installation:
- The recommended setting is such that the distance between the floor and the top edge of the toilet will be 40 cm. Such indicators are offered by manufacturers, however, it is better to take into account the needs of all family members so that in the future there is no discomfort when using the toilet
- To be able to reach the internal structure of the system during a breakdown, it is necessary to position the flush button in the center of the upper half of the tank.
- After installation, finishing work is carried out. If tiles are used, they must be laid out from the center of the waste button to the edges of the system. Avoid placing the flush plate at the joints between tiles.
- Manufacturers advise that when installing a mechanical flush plate, the thickness of the backing wall should be no more than 6 cm.
Having studied the main nuances during installation, you can proceed to the installation, which takes place in several stages: installing the kit, connecting to the water supply, hiding communications and finishing the wall. The installation procedure will be as follows:
- Water supply and drain pipe to the future location of the installation
- Fastening the installation itself to the wall or to the floor and wall using powerful anchors
- Fastening the cistern to the frame and connecting it to communications
- Installing the toilet bowl on the frame, connecting it to the sewer pipe using a corrugation
- Connecting the cistern and toilet bowl
- Checking the functioning of the toilet
- Removing the bowl from its place
- Final connection of all pipes and bends
- Forming a bezel
- Installing the flush plate
- Final wall decoration
- Attaching the toilet bowl to the installation system
As you can see, the procedure for installing the installation is simple, but it will take time and effort, so it is better to turn to specialists for help, having previously discussed all the details and wishes with them before installation.
The best ways and technologies for fast installation of plaster beacons on the wall. Mounting with: eared fasteners, creme clips or strings. Mount options for aligning walls with beacons
Which sealant to choose is better, for this you need to know what types of sealants exist, what are their pros and cons. Consider what kind of properties and select the desired composition
Before choosing a convenient toilet, you should familiarize yourself with all the parameters and find out what structures are, how they differ. How to choose a good toilet - an overview and comparison of models for fasteners, water supply, bowl shape and type of drain
Tips For Laying Ceramic Tiles On Walls And Floors. Advantages Of Ceramic Tiles, Tips For Choosing, Secrets. Surface Preparation For Tiles
Tabletop tips for laying ceramic tiles, the secrets of craftsmanship. Getting ready for tiling: 5 useful tips The advantages of ceramic tiles are obvious: being one of the most ancient materials used in decoration, tiles are an environmentally friendly product, durable, unpretentious in maintenance, waterproof, relatively inexpensive, presented in a large assortment. Consider a few tips for tiling with ceramic tiles, advantages, tips for choosing how to cut correctly
How to get rid of cracks and chips in the wall and repair a hole in the drywall yourself, repair methods using improvised materials to putty damage