2023 Author: Philip Bishop | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-08-25 07:54
- Features of the repair of the installation of toilet bowls
- How to repair the installation system yourself
- How to flush the installation inlet valve
- Repair of fittings in a Geberit installation Installation and repair video
Modern installation systems from the Swiss company Geberit are used most often. These are quality fittings, ideal for most types of toilets. It rarely fails, and if it does, the repair of the Geberit installation is easy to carry out without breaking the wall finish. The internal system of the tank is quite replaceable and adjustable. It is about troubleshooting that will be discussed in the article.
Features of the repair of the installation of toilet bowls
The installation system of a wall-hung toilet has undoubted advantages over standard cisterns: these are high-quality flush mechanisms, a large selection of buttons and keys, and the ability to install a room with any interior. The main advantage is that it can be hidden.
But no matter how high-quality the equipment is, it tends to fail. What contributes to this and how to repair the installation of the toilet will be discussed below. So, the types of breakdowns can be very different. Let's dwell only on the most common ones:
- The tank is leaking (the reason, most often, is in the bottom valve);
- The tank does not fill (the reason is a clogged filter or water supply hose);
- Continuous filling of the tank (the reason is the failure of the gasket or its incorrect installation);
- Malfunctions of the drain mechanism (the reason is the wrong choice of disinfectant)
It is easy to eliminate all these and other possible malfunctions through the hole of the drain button. That is, you don't have to dismantle the partition or break the tiles. The specialist carries out a simple repair of the installation of a suspended toilet through the inspection window, because all parts of the system can be easily removed and removed.
How to repair the installation system yourself
As mentioned above, only craftsmen will perform high-quality repairs. But you can get down to business on your own, having previously studied the repair of the tank with the installation of the video, which can be viewed below. It clearly and simply tells how to dismantle the equipment, how to remove the installation button and flush the Geberi filling valve.
The procedure for dismantling the Geberit installation system:
Step one: remove the flush plate. To do this, you must press on it from below and, thereby, carefully remove it from the cordon, and only then remove it from the wall.
- Step two: remove the frame. First, the screws fixing it on the sides are unscrewed, then the pusher latches are removed and the frame is removed.
- Step three: remove the septum. It is necessary to press on the special clips and remove it.
- Step four: shut off the water. Without this, the repair of the reservoir of the Geberite installation will turn into a flood.
- Step five: dismantle the filling valve and remove the rocker arm assembly.
- Step six: remove the drain valve retainer.
- Step seven: dismantle the drain valve, which is located inside the tank. Everything, dismantling is completed and repair work can be carried out.
Accordingly, the assembly of the installation after all the necessary reconstructions is carried out in the reverse order.
How to flush the installation inlet valve
Having installed the installation system, after a while you can notice that water overflows through the valve and enters the tank. This is a signal that, due to harmful impurities in the water, the inlet valve of the system is clogged. There is no need to rush into panic, since all this is easy to fix on your own by watching a short video on the topic.
First, remove the valve itself. In principle, there is no need to remove it completely. It is enough to unscrew the cover and remove the rubber gasket. So it will need to be thoroughly rinsed under a strong stream of water. For reliability, we also wash the valve cover.
Now we collect everything in the reverse order and see that the malfunction has been eliminated. In such an easy way, you can independently repair the installation of a wall-hung toilet.
Repair of fittings in a Geberit installation Installation and repair video
Repair and maintenance of the cistern mechanism video
Repair of the valve and membrane of the drain tank
Video review of the Geberit Delta cistern installation repair
Repairing faults in the Geberit cistern Leakage: disassembly, assembly
Create the right paving slab pie. Using expanded polystyrene and concrete before laying the paving slabs using the technology. All the features of paving slabs, from preparation to laying the pavement and curb
Consider a simplified procedure for installing hinges in a door frame. We are learning how to correctly and quickly put butterfly loops. In addition, installation videos and tips
Methods for fast plastering of walls along a string. Using a wire as a guide for installing string beacons. Homemade options for attaching a string beacon to the wall
How to properly insulate walls and ceiling on your own. What you need to know before choosing an economical foam material as insulation in a country house. Insulating the walls of the house from the outside with foam allows you to save on heating. We will tell you about the types of foam, technology and the procedure for performing work
Do-it-yourself tile laying technology on the floor in the form of step-by-step instructions and videos. Nuances of self-arrangement of a ceramic floor and technology features