2023 Author: Philip Bishop | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-09-24 07:28
How to fix the profiles to the surface?
- The procedure for installing beacons under plaster with your own hands
There are no perfect surfaces after the construction of a brick or concrete structure. Any surface needs its subsequent leveling using various technological methods. Plastering work is indispensable.
But the work can not only be facilitated, but also greatly simplified, made available to any beginner.
Plastering works are divided into simple, improved and high quality.
To perform simple plastering works, the use of any additional technological devices is not required.
But to achieve an improved or high-quality surface when plastering is possible only with the use of fixtures.
The most popular device, the so-called plaster profile beacons. But there are the following options to put the guides on the wall:
- mount kremmer for installing beacons;
- clips for plaster beacons;
- mount for beacons eared;
- installation of beacons on the solution;
- plastering walls without lighthouses;
- string method of aligning walls.
Beacons for wall plastering are special galvanized metal guides of a certain profile, made of steel with high corrosion resistance.
Placing beacons under the plaster, the plasterer sets the level that indicates the thickness of the plaster layer, which ensures the required surface flatness.
The main advantage of using beacons is that the plastering work on the beacons with their own hands can be performed by an unskilled worker.
Characteristics of the beacon profile
Available as a specially shaped profile with holes. The profile has an L-shaped or T-shaped section.
The length of the produced profile is 3.0 m.
The shelf height of the T-shaped profile is 6.0 and 10.0 mm. The T-profile is available in widths of 20.0 and 18.0 mm.
The advantages of installing a beacon profile include:
- low price;
- ease of use;
- the ability to form thermal seams that prevent cracks from appearing when temperatures change;
- there is no need for dismantling at the end of the work;
- the use of a profile reduces the layer of plaster.
Preference should be given to high-quality galvanized metal profiles with increased rigidity.
How to fix the profiles to the surface?
Profiles are installed using plaster mortar or self-tapping screws.
For quick and efficient installation of beacon profiles for plastering, professionals use special fasteners, called "eared".
For installation of a profile beacon under plaster with a length of 3.0 m, at least 7 attachment points must be installed. More details about this method of fastening with clips.
The procedure for installing beacons under plaster with your own hands
Plaster beacons are installed on a dry, non-frozen surface.
Before installing the profile with your own hands, the surface is cleaned of paint, dirt. A deep penetrating layer of primer is applied. This is especially true when working on a ceiling or floor.
- if you plan to plaster the walls along the lighthouses without dismantling the latter:
- measure the height of the room;
- cut the profile to the desired length;
- departing from the corners by 300 mm, draw vertical lines;
- in increments less than the length of your existing rule, draw vertical lines across the entire wall;
- on the vertical lines close to the corners, apply a plaster solution with a thickness equal to the height of the beacons (choose the pitch of the plaster heaps at the rate of 40-50 cm, but not less than 7 attachment points per 3.0 m long profile);
- the solution is applied with a trowel, hitting the surface sharply;
- a profile is pressed into the plaster mortar while checking its verticality in all planes;
- first of all, the profiles closest to the corners are installed;
- at the bottom and top of the profiles, nails are hammered into the not yet frozen solution;
- when the solution hardens, cords are pulled between the nails at the top and bottom, parallel to the floor;
- horizontal cords and vertical profiles form a plane;
- in the resulting space, intermediate profiles are installed with a step smaller than the length of the rule, limited by cords and beacons;
- it remains to apply a layer of plaster and level it using the rule;
- work starts at the bottom and goes up.
If you plan not to brick the beacons. This approach is recommended for the thrifty and thrifty. This method is recommended for use in rooms with high humidity.
What need to do:
- having measured the dimensions of the room, it is necessary to cut the beacon profile of the required length;
- vertical lines are drawn on the wall with a step of 2.0 m;
- the installation of the profile starts from one of the corners;
- the first profile is pressed into the plaster mortar cakes thrown onto the wall with the reverse side (with the convex part into the mortar);
- the requirements for the attachment points of the profile are similar to the first option;
- it is advisable to fix the two nearest profiles at once, adjusting the position using a level;
- excess squeezed solution is immediately removed;
- when the solution in the beacons hardens, the surface is plastering using the techniques described in the option;
- beacons are easily removed after the end of the application of the plaster layer, and the grooves are covered.
If you plan to plaster the walls without using profile beacons.
Professional finishers use a technique that does not involve the installation of profile beacons. Watch the video below carefully.
Or you can do the following:
- stepping back from the corners 80 … 100 mm, self-tapping screws are hammered, in which, with the help of levels, caps are installed in one plane;
- a thread is pulled to the hats along the perimeter, forming a rectangle;
- with a step smaller than the length of the rule, vertical lines are drawn and self-tapping screws are screwed in, the caps of which do not go beyond the imaginary surface of the contour;
- the solution is applied to the places of vertical lines, slightly covering the caps of the screws;
- a rule is applied tightly to the solution applied vertically, tightly resting on the caps of the screws;
- do not forget to pre-moisten with water;
- removing the excess solution with a spatula, the rule must be abruptly removed;
- beacons are obtained from a plaster mixture;
- then plaster is applied to the walls along the beacons with your own hands.
Plastering walls with your own hands without lighthouses.
Plastering walls without installing beacons is possible if there are no high requirements for surface flatness.
The main advantages of plastering walls without beacons:
- the plaster solution is saved due to the less thin layer of its laying;
- reduces the time spent on work related to the preparation and installation of beacons.
The plastering algorithm is simple:
A plaster solution is applied and the excess solution is removed as a rule.
There will be more solution in the depressions, less on the hills.
- Before plastering, a layer of acrylic primer is applied to the surface using a wide brush.
- The primer must dry thoroughly.
- It is recommended to dilute gypsum solution in small portions until a thick sour cream consistency is obtained.
- The solution must be prepared as much as you can develop within half an hour, the gypsum solution does not live anymore.
- Using the rule, level the surface by removing excess solution.
Conclusion: you yourself decide to choose one or another option for plastering the walls, taking into account your abilities.
The question of the need to remove beacons may arise when plastering rooms with high humidity. In rooms of this type, it is better to use the second option for applying plaster.
The option allows you to use beacons when applying plaster and removing them after the solution has hardened.
In dry rooms, the removal of beacons is not required if you use a high-quality, well-galvanized beacon profile.
The best ways and technologies for fast installation of plaster beacons on the wall. Mounting with: eared fasteners, creme clips or strings. Mount options for aligning walls with beacons
How to install a galvanized plaster beacon on the wall. Consider placing lighthouses with Rotband solution to the wall. Video how to install guides on the wall
Plastering The Walls With Your Own Hands. Internal Gypsum Plaster Of Walls, Installation Of Beacons On The Wall, Plastering Technology Video
Tips for the correct and quick plastering of walls in the apartment yourself. A training video and important points for applying plaster to the wall in different ways and materials
Do-it-yourself Decorative Plaster On The Walls. How To Apply Decorative Plaster Correctly, Surface Preparation, Application Technology, Panels
Councils for working with decorative materials. Recommendations for applying decorative composition to the wall. Photo and video materials will help you master the technology of applying the composition to the wall
DIY apartment renovation video - leveling the walls with plaster