2023 Author: Philip Bishop | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-08-25 07:54
- Removing oil stains from the ceiling
- Removing water stains from the ceiling
- Get rid of yellow spots after a fresh repair
- Removing soot and smoke stains from the ceiling
- How to get rid of rust on metal plaster beacons and fittings
Removing yellow stains from the ceiling is not an easy task, but it can be done. To get rid of these defects, first you need to determine the reasons for their appearance. Based on this, the methods for removing stains will also be different. Yellow spots on the ceiling can be caused by exposure to soot, smoke, oil, and flooding of neighbors living on the upper floors. Similar flaws on the ceiling can also appear due to the nearby rusty sewer or water pipes. It happens when areas with yellowness appear on a newly renovated ceiling. The easiest way to spray paint over boone or with solvent-based paint is ideally a GF-type automotive primer. If the spots are more difficult, then you can use other tips. For example, how to remove foam stains.
It is important that the fittings and metal joints of the slabs in panel houses are painted over, if this is not done, then rust will show through the putty.
To work on removing stains you will need:
- metal spatula 7–8 mm wide;
- foam sponge;
- chlorine solution ("Whiteness");
- plastic or metal container;
- tray for paint;
- better white paint (so that the stain does not glare);
- deeply penetrating primer.
Primer GF 021 will help to paint over any stain. It is imperative to pre-treat the surface.
Removing oil stains from the ceiling
Removing oil stains from the ceiling is troublesome. The difficulty of the work lies in the fact that the oil penetrates strongly into the plaster, therefore, even after removing the layer of lime, putting putty and painting the ceiling several times, over time you can again face the appearance of oil stains. To remove oil stains from the ceiling, you need to follow a certain algorithm of actions:
- We clean the problem area from dust and dirt.
- We carry out the priming of the oil stain.
- We are waiting for the primer to dry.
- Pour the paint into the tray and, using a roller, paint over the stain.
- Areas that are difficult to paint over with a roller are carefully painted over with a brush.
- Having painted over the spots on the ceiling with one layer of paint, we expect it to dry completely.
- If the stain does appear, paint over it several more times until it disappears completely.
- After that, it is better to wait a few days and, if the stain has not appeared, you can begin work on repairing the ceiling.
Removing water stains from the ceiling
The process of eliminating this type of defects is reduced to the steps listed below.
- Use a spatula to clean paint and putty stains.
- Pour "Whiteness" into the container and, moistening the sponge, process the surface of the spot until the spot becomes lighter. If the sponge turns yellow, it should be replaced.
- You need to wait for the surface to dry. If the yellowness remains, the procedure must be repeated.
Get rid of yellow spots after a fresh repair
Recently painted ceiling stains can be removed using oil paint. The surface of the stain must be covered in several layers. If the problem area differs from the rest of the ceiling surface in gloss, has a different shade, paint should be applied over the glossy paint, which was used to paint the entire ceiling. Remove rust stains from the ceiling. To neutralize such defects, you need to use a vitriol primer (grass). For its manufacture, you will need 250 g of laundry soap, copper sulfate, bone glue, 40 g of drying oil. So, we are preparing a vitriol primer.
- Dissolve copper sulfate in 1 liter of water.
- We mix the resulting solutions. Separately dissolve the glue, where we pour the grated soap and drying oil.
- Before use, the resulting mixture is diluted with water in a ratio of 1:10.
Also, to remove rusty stains from the ceiling, you can use a concentrated solution of copper sulfate (it should be bright blue). With this solution we treat the surface of the spot several times with an interval of 2-3 hours. As a result of treatment, the surface will have a greenish tint. Once dry, the stain should be primed with acrylic primer or white spirit paint. The sequence of work using a vitriol primer (grass).
- Carefully treat the stain with grass.
- After the primer layer has dried, a layer of hydrophobic filler should be applied to the yellow area. This is done in order to block the stain and prevent it from re-penetrating the surface.
- We expect the putty to dry (at least a day).
- The surface should be primed again using an acrylic primer.
- We paint the surface with enamel, wait for complete drying.
- Finally, the repaired section of the ceiling can be painted with paint that was used to paint the entire surface of the ceiling.
Removing soot and smoke stains from the ceiling
Soot from fireplaces, candles, and cigarette smoke can leave yellow stains on the ceiling. To get rid of these defects, follow the steps below.
- It is necessary to clean the area with yellowness from dirt with a dry sponge. Do not use a damp sponge - the ceiling surface can absorb water.
- Preparing a cleaning solution. We mix 3.5 liters. warm water and 1 tablespoon of sodium orthophosphate.
- Apply the solution to the stain with a sponge using even pressure (to protect your hands, you need to wear rubber gloves).
- We repeat several times until the stain disappears.
- If the stain has not completely disappeared, it must be primed with GF primer.
- The ceiling can be painted.
How to get rid of rust on metal plaster beacons and fittings
It so happens that the repair is done in a hurry and after plastering somewhere there is a lighthouse, and when the repair is already finished, such a nuisance occurs when a swelling of the putty appears from the painted wall and stains from the plaster beacon appear. This happens when the lighthouse rusts and thereby raises the paint or forms yellow spots that show through even through wallpaper and paint. It is important to remove paint beacons from the walls and ceiling during the repair process.
There are two ways to get rid of rust from plaster beacons in the wall.
- Pull out the beacon and patch up this place. Work with plaster beacons.
- Carefully cut the putty to get to the edge on which the galvanized layer has worn off during the leveling of the wall, clean it and paint it with varnish or solvent-based paint (such as PF or GF), after a local repair, restore the surface, putty and paint over.
A video on how to get rid of stains on the walls and ceiling with your own hands.
Ten tips on how to paint a high-quality ceiling and prevent glare and stains after painting the ceiling. Methods for correcting paint defects and getting rid of streaks
The thickness of the tiles is an important factor in ceramic cladding. The thickness of the tile adhesive, its durability and performance characteristics depend on it
Plastering The Walls With Your Own Hands. Internal Gypsum Plaster Of Walls, Installation Of Beacons On The Wall, Plastering Technology Video
Tips for the correct and quick plastering of walls in the apartment yourself. A training video and important points for applying plaster to the wall in different ways and materials
In some cases, you may need to remove the glass unit from the plastic window yourself, and the most important thing is to know how to do it correctly, what we will actually consider
How To Make A Drywall Niche With Your Own Hands In The Wall, Video On The Installation And Design Of A Niche
A fairly popular design solution over the past few years has been the use of niches, which can serve not only as an element of apartment decor, but also take on additional functions. For example, you can put books, light household appliances on them. Among all the materials used today in the construction of niches, the most popular, of course, is drywall. This is due to both a reasonable price and ease of handling this material. We have already considered