2023 Author: Philip Bishop | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-08-25 07:54
- Varieties of models and shapes
- Cast iron bath and its features
- Acrylic bath: pros and cons
- Steel bath as an alternative
- Which bath is best for you?
Always before starting repairs in a bathroom, the question arises, which bath to choose and how to avoid mistakes when choosing it. It should be noted that the correct choice of plumbing is, first of all, a guarantee of comfort and health. That is why, it is worth paying special attention to the choice of the coating and the shape of the structure.
Varieties of models and shapes
It should be noted that in the modern plumbing market there is a fairly large assortment that adapts to all customer requirements, namely:
- Price policy.
- Manufacturing material.
And this becomes the cause of a kind of dizziness caused by the variety of plumbing to choose from, as well as additional accessories for it.
In total, three types of baths can be noted:
- Cast iron.
Before deciding on the choice, it is necessary to study the qualities of each type of plumbing, which we will now do.
Cast iron bath and its features
This type of bath is far from being an innovation, but it remains quite popular.
Such products have the following characteristics:
- The minimum weight of the product is about 80 kilograms.
- Samples from this material have high strength and durability.
- The enamel coating provides easy care for this household item.
- If we compare acrylic and cast iron bathtubs, then the surface of cast iron models has a significantly greater resistance to scratching.
- Such samples are able to withstand the highest temperatures.
- Cast iron models have good thermal insulation characteristics.
- The disadvantage of such products is the limited model range associated with the peculiarities of their manufacture.
- Service life reaches 50 years
It is also worth considering the factors to look out for when choosing a bath.
- When inspecting the bath, no cracks or chips should be found on the surface.
- It should be borne in mind that the enamel, which covers the surface, is quite fragile, and will be damaged if a heavy object falls.
- Do not clean with abrasive detergents as they destroy the enamel.
- There should be no streaks, roughness on the surface, the color should be completely uniform.
And it is also worth noting that for the most part, the shape of the bath becomes the main selection criterion. This factor is due to the fact that cast iron baths can only be presented in the usual standard form, and if you decide to purchase a triangular or round bathtub, and possibly another irregular shape, then you will need to choose among acrylic models.
Acrylic bath: pros and cons
Samples from this material appeared on the market relatively recently, but were able to gain significant popularity among buyers. But what is acrylic?
For those who do not know, acrylic is everyone's usual plastic, which is additionally reinforced to give the product strength. Such material does not require painting and enamel application. All dyes are provided at the production stage, which allows the material to retain its color throughout its entire service life.
The coating itself is resistant to mechanical stress, and surface damage is repaired by stripping and polishing.
They have many qualities that make you make a choice in their favor.
- The mass of such models is usually from 15 to 30 kilograms.
- The positive difference between an acrylic bathtub and a cast iron bathtub is that during its production it is possible to give it almost any shape. The range of these products can satisfy various requests in terms of size and design.
- Their relatively low strength is compensated by the steel frame used for installation. Its use gives the necessary rigidity to the structure.
- Another advantage of an acrylic bathtub over a cast iron bathtub is in higher thermal insulation values. They are, as a rule, several times better than those of cast iron samples and significantly higher than steel models.
- A positive quality of these products is the ability to grind the surface when it is worn out.
- The difference between cast iron and acrylic baths is that acrylic models are afraid of very high temperatures, and therefore you should not pour boiling water into them, otherwise they may deform.
Important: acrylic surfaces are afraid of abrasive detergents, falling objects. Loses its gloss over the years.
And it is also worth pointing out what to look for when choosing, and there are not many such factors:
- Reinforcement requires attention first of all. It is recommended to purchase only copies based on fiberglass or metal mesh.
- The thickness of the reinforcement layer should not be less than 6 millimeters.
Based on these factors, experts recommend purchasing products only from foreign companies, since they fully comply with all manufacturing requirements.
An important factor in the selection is the stability of the structure. As a rule, cheap Chinese baths then remind of themselves for a long time with squeaks:)
Note that buying plumbing fixtures from an unknown manufacturer at a low price can be fraught with disastrous consequences. And among them there may be not only a quick breakdown, but also harm to the health of residents. Details about surface cleaning products.
Steel bath as an alternative
And the last type of baths can be noted steel. This type becomes the most profitable solution to the question of which bath to choose. But it should be said that it is only profitable in financial terms, since the cost of such a product starts from 3000 rubles.
But in order to determine whether this is so, it is worth considering all the advantages and disadvantages of such a product. First of all, let's pay attention to the advantages of a steel bath:
- Light weight, on average 30 kilograms, as is the case with acrylic bathtubs.
- The service life is several times longer than that of the acrylic analogue.
- To be repaired by replacing the enamel.
And now it is worth considering the disadvantages, in comparison with other types:
- First of all, these are thin walls that can bend under the weight of water and the human body.
- It is also worth noting the lack of variety of forms.
- Requires delicate care, as the main coating is enamel.
- A rather loud noise is generated when dialing a bath.
- It is characterized by a rapid loss of heat, therefore it is necessary to constantly draw hot water.
As you can see, this type of bath is worse than cast iron or acrylic, but at the same time it is much cheaper, therefore, if the financial supply is rather small, you can think about this choice.
Which bath is best for you?
And now, having decided on the types of baths and having considered all their features, it is worth deciding which bath to choose is better. And immediately we note that it is better to consider two options, cast iron and acrylic. Because you need to choose steel only when you need to save.
And now let's look at the main factors that will determine the choice:
- Acrylic baths are cheaper and easier to maintain than cast iron baths.
- On the synthetic surface of acrylic, fungal lesions do not form or develop, which makes the products safer for health.
- The acrylic body is lighter, making it easier to ship and install, but at the same time less stable than cast iron.
- A polymer product heats up faster and cools down longer, while a metal product is the opposite.
- Acrylic bathtubs can be additionally equipped with hydromassage and many other additional functions.
Thus, it should be noted that the acrylic bathtub is many times better than other analogues. The only weakness is the service life, which is 10 years. For comparison, metal products last from 30 to 50 years.
But it is worth noting that synthetic products have appeared relatively recently, and therefore their service life is conditional, and in reality it can be several times longer than the declared one. Therefore, with proper care, the operating period can be significantly extended.
And it's time to take stock. As it has already become clear, acrylic products are becoming the best choice, but despite this, you should not discount other options. Each of them has its own advantages and disadvantages, which should be taken into account, and guided based on the requirements that the future bath must meet. And in conclusion, we suggest watching a few videos on which bath is best to choose.
We will find out what a laminate is, what are the features of the types and classes of laminate, varieties by type of surface and marking, what are the differences between the joint locks. We analyze the nuances of application, characteristics
Delimiting space using a video partition. Creative design, division of rooms, can be created not only from drywall and glass, but using combinations with MDF
Sliding systems for windows are a convenient solution. Description of the types of designs of sliding windows on the balcony. How to choose the right materials for sliding systems?
Choosing the right bathtub Previously, you could only dream of a whirlpool bath. This privilege was for rich people. Today on the market there is a huge selection of all kinds of configurations, colors, shapes and prices. They are becoming more and more popular. And who does not want to take a bath, and at the same time to improve their health. Hydromassage courses are very useful for stress, varicose veins, increase the tone, remove toxins. But how to decide and choose the right thing, wha
Today, most often, apartment owners resort to the restoration of cast-iron bathtubs made in the USSR, and not to throwing them into a landfill, thanks to the excellent quality of the factory Soviet enamel, which serves as a good basis for the new coating, as well as the reliability of the cast-iron body