2023 Author: Philip Bishop | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-08-25 07:54
- Installation nuances
- How to connect and install an internet outlet
- How to connect and install a telephone jack
- How to connect and install a television outlet (TV)
Almost all manufacturers of electrical installation systems (these include the production of switches and electrical outlets), in turn, are also engaged in the production of other network products:
- network, that is, Internet sockets.
Today we will talk about how to install and connect an Internet outlet, a TV outlet and a telephone outlet.
Basically, the design of all products from one series should be consistent with each other - this is intended so that the buyer can maintain the integrity of the design idea in his interior. That is why it is customary to choose the entire series of these products.
As for the installation of sockets, then in this regard we can say that network, television and telephone sockets will be mounted in an identical, that is, in a similar way. The installation of sockets, although similar, is still worth knowing some of the nuances for each type of them:
- The first nuance is quite pleasant, since the voltage in telephone and signals in network and television sockets is minimal, which allows to ensure absolute safety of human life and health.
- The second nuance is that the installation of these sockets requires special care and accuracy during connection. Particular attention should be paid to network or Internet sockets, since the correct pinout is very important here.
The socket boxes are used here the same as in the version with electrical outlets and switches.
How to connect and install an internet outlet
Let's start looking at everything in stages:
- On the back of each network or Internet outlet, there must be a special terminal in order to connect a standard network cable. It can be any clamping device, but most often it is a terminal block with eight helical springs. All eight pads are usually marked with a special color indicator, where each color is identical to the color of the connected wires, as follows - there are four pairs of them.
- The wiring should be carefully cleaned and each fixed in its place. (See also the article on how to connect electrical wires.)
- After that, you need to check the functionality of the network. To do this, simply connect your computer.
- If the work is going well, then you can make the final touch - fix the sockets in the socket boxes.
How to connect and install a telephone jack
In almost the same way, but even more simply, telephone sockets are connected. The terminal for such outlets consists of only four special connections. Therefore, it is necessary to connect the two wires of the telephone cable to pins 2 and 3 (the color of the wires is red and green).
How to connect and install a television outlet (TV)
As for connecting television (TV) sockets, first you need to know that they are of three types:
- Solitary. They have little internal resistance.
- Final. Their internal connection is increased.
Pass-through and terminal sockets are usually used when it is necessary to install several television points without using an additional separating device. The advantage of such outlets is:
- They allow you to "untie" several television receivers at once, and also to reduce the influence of one receiver on the second.
- Also, the cable is saved here.
But still, this type of outlet has its drawbacks:
- At the output of this system, the signal level should be very high.
- If you cannot afford it, then it is worth choosing single outlets using a signal splitter amplifier.
This device has power leads and an adapter. There is one entrance and several exits. The adapter itself must be connected to a 220 V network, the input cable should be directed directly to the input, and the output cable to the outputs and further to the sockets.
Any TV outlet should have a screw terminal on the back, usually in the center. It is required to connect the central core of the TV cable. The braid with the screen must be fixed with a special bracket.
But it must be borne in mind that if you work with pass-through sockets, there will be two such central contacts, as well as two brackets for fixing.
To connect the cable, you must:
- Beforehand, it must be thoroughly cleaned at the required length. The braid with the shield should be cut slightly.
- Now we connect the central core of the cable, and clamp the remnants of the braided screen with a retainer clip. But it is very important to carefully monitor so that there is no short circuit of the braid and the central core of the cable.
- Next, we check the functionality of the connection and fix the sockets in the socket boxes.
Now you can easily connect and install the TV outlet yourself. Stay with us on the website do-it-yourself apartment renovation.
It's also worth watching our selection of videos on installing outlets:
How to install and connect a ceiling chandelier with your own hands, chandelier connection diagram. A ceiling-mounted luminaire called a chandelier is the primary source of illumination in many living spaces. See the article on how to choose the right wall lamp. A chandelier is located, as a rule, in the very middle of the ceiling, so that the flow of light is distributed as evenly as possible. The chandeliers are fixed either by hanging on a hook, or using special dowels using the rigid fa
How to install and connect spotlights correctly. Spotlights are sources of directional radiation. The design of spotlights is simplified as much as possible, it is a body with a front surface, two clamps and an electric holder with outgoing wires. Sometimes the design is complicated by the use of hinges designed to change the direction of the lighting. For the operation of such lamps, special incandescent lamps with a flattened to
How easy is it to go around the obstacles with tiles? Methods for trimming tiles around heating and plumbing pipes. Create beautiful cutouts in ceramic tiles with your own hands
How to connect the switch correctly, different connection drawings from one or two points. Diagrams for the installation of pass-through switches and distribution of wires
What is important to pay attention to when buying outlets. What are the characteristic features of sockets, methods of fixing to the wall. Choosing the best solution for price and quality