2023 Author: Philip Bishop | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-05-24 22:24
- 9 tips for decorating a small room
- How to furnish a small photo room
A small room is always associated with a lack of space. Poor planning can create a cramped and cluttered look. But this is easy to fix. Even the smallest and most uncomfortable room can be made comfortable and functional with these simple tips and photo examples. In addition, you have a great opportunity to experiment and create your own unique interior. And for the room of your favorite kids, read how to furnish a children's room, even if it is small.
9 tips for decorating a small room
Want to experiment with the layout of a small room? Try to create a virtual project in the program "Interior Design 3 D "
- save 30% of time and money on repairs
- use +120 finishing materials
- furnish the room with the furniture catalog
Create a 3D interior project in your style. Download 3D Interior Design software right now!
1. Color. Choosing the right color can visually increase the space, so try to choose paint for walls and ceilings in light colors (white, beige, gray, blue, light green). This rule also applies to wallpaper. Designers recommend choosing wallpapers with small ornaments, and abandoning large patterns. The flooring should be a little darker, but not too dark, otherwise the room will appear low. Try to stick to monochrome in the room: various interior items (furniture upholstery, table and chairs), made in one color, visually expand the space, multicolor creates the opposite effect. See our article what colors are best combined in the interior of the room.
2. Curtains. If there are large windows in a small room, then it is better to hang curtains at the edges, then they
will seem even bigger. Choose long (floor-length) curtains and tulle in the same color scheme as the walls. Give preference to light flowing fabrics that do not weigh down the space and do not focus on themselves. If possible, replace the blackout curtains with gauze. This will allow maximum light to enter the room.
3. Make the most of your space. Each piece of furniture, especially in a small room, should have its own purpose. Try to make the most of it. For example, a furniture wall is a great option for those who live in a one-room apartment. It does not take up much space and combines several types of furniture at once: a wardrobe, a bookcase, a chest of drawers, a TV stand, a mini-bar, shelves for souvenirs, photographs and other trifles.
4. Multifunctional furniture. It is not necessary to approach the issue radically - to purchase a bed that turns into a wall, or a table that folds into a coffee table, especially since such innovative ideas of designers are not cheap. The most common and affordable way to save space is with a sofa bed. At night it is a comfortable double bed, which is assembled in the morning into a full-fledged sofa, where you can receive guests. In addition, there is usually space under the sofa cover for bedding, blankets and pillows.
5. Reflective and transparent surfaces. Mirrors and other reflective interior elements can also visually enlarge the space and brighten the room due to the reflected light. It is desirable that the mirror is opposite the window. A wardrobe with large mirrored doors or a wall with mirrored tiles visually doubles the room. Transparent interior items made of durable plastic, less often glass (for example, tables, chairs) allow you to visually expand the space. Furniture with transparent legs creates a light and floating effect. These simple methods allow you to effectively furnish a small room in an apartment or house.
6. Zoning the premises. To make the room more functional, divide it into zones. For example, you need to separate the work area from the sleeping area. Use different color combinations, divide the space with screens, curtains or bookshelves. Use different light sources to create the illusion of two different rooms. Arrange furniture around the room so that it is accessible and you can move freely around the room. Remember: the more free the floor is, the more spacious the room will seem.
7. Avoid clutter. This is especially noticeable in a small space. Don't "litter" the room with unnecessary things. Determine your priorities: get rid of what you don't need, hide what will someday come in handy in cabinets and drawers, and for those things that you use constantly, determine the most accessible places.
8. More light. Natural and artificial light have the ability to expand space. Even if the window is large, try not to cover it with curtains. If the room is not on the sunny side, you can use built-in light sources around the room. Choose a small chandelier, a large one will look ridiculous. A transparent ceiling chandelier is the best option. See the article on how to choose lighting in the interior of rooms, this will help to achieve a visual increase in space and better equip a small room, the photo examples below clearly demonstrate this.
9. Small furniture for a small room. Give up bulky interior items, especially if they do not carry a functional load. Large armchairs can be discarded by replacing them with equally comfortable chairs. A small folding table is useful both for receiving guests and for a home office. Replace the luxurious corner sofa with a more modest size. It is equally comfortable and takes up much less space.
Now our website do-it-yourself apartment renovation is recommended to visually look at 3D photo design of projects for the arrangement of rooms. Thanks to the recommendations for the compact arrangement of small rooms, you can arrange comfort in the apartment.
How to furnish a small photo room
Do not be afraid to experiment and you will get no less exotic and beautiful, as in these 15 photo examples!