2023 Author: Philip Bishop | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-08-25 07:54
Fortrans: colon cleansing without enemas
A healthy intestine is the key to a person's well-being. The modern rhythm of life and improper nutrition leads to the accumulation of toxins and decay products in it. Our ancestors also guessed that the intestines needed to be cleaned, but they did it with the help of enemas. From the point of view of modern medicine, this procedure cannot be considered effective and safe. For deep cleansing use a strong laxative "Fortrans". Every person who is going to have an intestinal examination or an operation on this organ should know how to take this drug.
- Description of the drug
- Fortrans mechanism of action
- Indications and contraindications
- How to take Fortrans correctly?
- Pros and cons
- How to eat after colon cleansing?
- Reviews about Fortrans
Description of the drug
The main substance of Fortrans is macrogol 4000. It is this that provides the laxative effect.
The powder contains:
- Sodium chloride.
- Sodium saccharinate.
- Sodium bicarbonate.
- Potassium chloride.
- Sodium sulfate anhydrous.
The auxiliary components that make up the laxative are necessary to maintain normal salt and alkaline balance in the body, and are also responsible for the sweetish taste of the drug. If taken alone, a product called Macrogol 4000 can lead to dehydration. However, Fortrans can also be used only with the permission of a doctor.
The drug is available in powder form. It is necessary to prepare a solution from it, which is taken orally. The powder has a white color and is easily soluble in water. It is packaged in paper bags. There are 4 of them in each package.
“Fortrans has a specific taste that many people find unpleasant. Even the passionflower extract, which is part of the powder, is not able to radically change it. In order not to provoke vomiting, you need to drink the medicine with juice squeezed from citrus fruits (orange, grapefruit or lemon)."
Fortrans mechanism of action
The powder dissolves quickly in water, does not disturb the electrolyte balance, so its intake does not lead to dehydration. The drug acts in the small and large intestines, does not have a toxic effect on the body.
Fortrans has a laxative effect, increasing the osmotic pressure in the intestine and retaining water in it. This contributes to the dissolution of food masses, the swelling of the contents of the intestine and the enhancement of its peristalsis. As a result, emptying occurs.
A distinctive feature of the drug is that it cleanses not only the large, but also the small intestine of a person. At the same time, excess fluid is not removed from the body and dehydration does not develop. Fortrans does not enter the systemic circulation, is not absorbed in the intestine, and is excreted from the body unchanged.
The effect occurs within 1-1.5 hours after ingestion. It lasts for 2-5 hours.
If after 3 hours there is no bowel movement, then you need to massage the stomach, or increase physical activity.
Fortrans is forbidden to be taken often, it is used for one-time bowel cleansing and is not prescribed for the treatment of constipation.
Defecation occurs several times, which can be achieved by taking the drug in portions. Cleansing is gentle and safe for the body. As a rule, the restoration of normal bowel movements, after refusal to use Fortrans, occurs in the patient rather quickly.
Indications and contraindications
The drug can be prescribed for the following indications:
- Planned endoscopy and fluoroscopy of the digestive system or upcoming colonoscopy.
- Upcoming bowel surgery.
- Upcoming anoscopy, fibrocolonoscopy, sigmoidoscopy, irrigoscopy, enteroscopy.
- Sometimes the drug is prescribed before ultrasonography.
In some cases, people take Fortrans on their own to cleanse the intestines before fasting or dieting.
Contraindications to taking Fortrans:
- Hypersensitivity of the body to sulfate, bicarbonate and sodium chloride, as well as to polyethylene glycol.
- Various lesions of the intestinal walls.
- Dehydration of the body.
- Violation of the heart.
- Stomach ulcer with perforation.
- Abdominal pain of unexplained etiology.
- Gastroparesis and other abnormalities in the work of the stomach muscles.
- Intestinal obstruction, or suspicion of it.
- Intoxication of the body with inflammation of the digestive system.
You also need to pay attention to the following recommendations:
- The drug is not prescribed for children under 15 years of age.
- Fortrans must be taken 2 hours before or 2 hours after taking other medicines.
- People with serious illnesses, as well as elderly patients, should be under medical supervision while taking Fortrans.
- The drug does not cause electrolyte imbalance in the body, but can aggravate the course of other metabolic disorders, such as hypoglycemia.
- Fortrans should be used with caution in patients with heart and renal failure.
- Do not combine Fortrans with diuretics.
- Patients with aspiration and diseases of the nervous system should take the drug only in a hospital setting. The same applies to bedridden patients.
- If a person is shown a limited intake of salt, then he should take into account that each sachet of the drug contains 2 g of sodium chloride.
How to take Fortrans correctly?
Each package of the drug contains detailed instructions for use and 4 sachets of powder. One such bag must be dissolved in a liter of water.
- The solution should be taken 12 hours before the upcoming surgery or examination.
- Take it for 3-6 hours.
- Drink the solution in small sips.
If you take the drug at night, you will not be able to achieve high-quality bowel cleansing.
One liter of the drug is designed for 20 kg of weight, so if a person weighs 70-85 kg, 4 sachets will be enough for him. When the patient weighs 60 kg, he needs to take 3 sachets. If you weigh 100 kg or more, you will need 5 sachets of the drug.
It is forbidden to exceed the recommended dose, as this will provoke poisoning with the development of side effects.
If an examination or operation is planned in the morning, then you need to take the drug as follows:
- You should have breakfast as usual.
- Lunch should take place no later than 2-3 pm.
- The rest of the time is devoted to cleansing the intestines with Fortrans.
From the moment you start cleaning and before the procedure, you must refuse food. Drink the solution every 2 hours after the last meal.
It is not recommended to use Fortrans to remove toxins from the intestines more than 2-3 times a year. It is able to cause dysbiosis with the reproduction of pathogenic flora in the intestine. This increases the likelihood of developing colitis, enteritis and chronic constipation. In addition, frequent use of laxatives can lead to the leaching of vitamins and minerals from the body.
Pros and cons
Advantages of using Fortrans:
- With its help, it is possible to cleanse not only the large, but also the small intestine.
- The drug can be used at home.
- The dose is easy to calculate, just know your body weight. For every 20 kg of weight, you need to drink a liter of solution. To prepare such a volume, 1 sachet of the drug is needed.
- The drug is easy to take. They drink it in the evening for 4-5 hours.
- Four sachets are enough for a thorough cleaning.
As for the disadvantages of the drug, they include the unpleasant taste of the finished solution and the need to take large volumes of liquid.
Side effects that can develop after taking Fortrans:
- Nausea and vomiting. After completing the course, these phenomena disappear on their own.
- Allergic reactions: skin rash, edema. Also, isolated cases of anaphylactic shock have been reported.
How to eat after colon cleansing?
After deep cleansing of the intestines, its restoration will be required. The drug flushes out from the body not only toxins, but also useful substances.
Such agents as Linex and Bifidumbacterin help to restore the microflora.
The next morning after cleaning, you need to eat boiled rice without salt and spices. You can eat it all day long. It is necessary to give up carbonated drinks and rough food.
Be sure to drink as much water as possible. Portions should be small, you should not overeat.
Fortrans has many advantages, but it is quite expensive (500 rubles per package), so many patients are interested in the availability of analogues of this drug. Moreover, it has an unpleasant taste and should not be used in childhood.
Macrogol is found in preparations such as:
- Lavacol. This is a domestic drug. The package contains 15 sachets. The cost of the drug is 180-230 rubles. According to reviews, Lavacol tastes much better than Fortrans. However, doctors point out that Fortrans cleans the intestines better than Lavacol.
- Forlax. For 20 sachets of 10 g, you will need to pay 310-340 rubles. Forlax, as well as Fortrans, are produced in France.
- Forteza Rompharm.
- Endofalk contains macrogol 3350. This drug works like Fortrans. Its cost is 480 rubles.
- Fleet Phospho-Soda. This drug is based on a substance called sodium hydrogen phosphate dodecahydrate. However, the drug works in the same way as Fortrans. The taste of Fleet Phospho-Soda is not very pleasant, but this does not affect the effectiveness of the drug. Its cost is 560 rubles.
These funds have the same indications and contraindications.
If a person has an individual macrogol intolerance, then you can use drugs such as:
- Duphalac. It is produced in the form of a syrup (15 ml). The package contains 10 sachets. The drug is produced in Germany and costs 310-335 rubles.
Analogues are also Goodluck medicines in syrup, magnesium sulfate powder (a 25 g bag costs 40-60 rubles), Normase syrup, Transulose gel, suppositories and Bisacodyl tablets. All these drugs can be used in childhood as an alternative to an enema.
Reviews about Fortrans
You can find the most controversial reviews about Fortrans. Many patients indicate its unpleasant taste. Some people write that with its help it was possible not only to cleanse the intestines, but also to get rid of a few extra pounds. However, fat deposits will not go away. Therefore, experts insist that it should be taken only according to indications.
People who have used the drug to cleanse the intestines before colonoscopy indicate its high effectiveness. Of the side effects, they note flatulence and spasms in the intestines. Doctors call Fortrans an effective remedy for cleansing the digestive system.
Video: preparing for a colonoscopy:
Author of the article: Alekseeva Maria Yurievna | Therapist
How long does a floor screed made using semi-dry technology dry out, factors affecting the duration of the process, the possibility of accelerating the drying process and gaining strength of the screed. After about 6-10 hours, such a base is obtained under the floor, when you can walk but without heavy load
The established timeframes from manufacturers for the drying of the surface of the floor, made in a bulk method, the influence of the composition of the mixture and environmental factors on drying
Evalar BIO tea for cleansing the bodyNot so long ago the well-known company "Evalar Bio" presented new herbal preparations. All of them have different effects, but they should not be considered as a substitute for regular tea. These fees refer to biologically active substances and have a certain effect on the body
Polyphepan for cleansing the bodyMany people in an effort to cleanse the body of toxins, as well as reduce excess weight, take various adsorbents. Polyphepan is used for diseases of the digestive system, for allergies, obesity and other health problems
Enterosgel for body cleansingIf a toxic substance has entered the body, then it triggers self-cleaning mechanisms. They boil down to developing diarrhea and vomiting. If the intoxication is strong, and the immune system is weak, then the body needs to be helped to cope with the problem