2023 Author: Philip Bishop | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-08-25 07:54
Reduksin - instructions for use
The drug Reduxin is a centrally acting drug for the treatment of obesity. It is available in the form of blue and blue capsules, inside which a white powder is enclosed.
- Sibutramine monohydrate;
- Calcium stearate;
- Capsule shell: gelatin, dyes.
- Indications for use
- Side effects
- Drug dosage
- Overdose and its treatment
- Compatibility with other medicinal products
Indications for use
- Treatment of alimentary obesity (with BMI more than 30 kg / m 2), not amenable to other means and methods;
- Treatment of alimentary obesity, combined with diabetes mellitus or dyslipoproteinemia (with a BMI of more than 27 kg / m 2).
Treatment of obesity with this drug is carried out exclusively on the recommendation of a doctor. Reduksin manifests its effect as a result of complex therapy, against the background of physical exertion and a specially developed diet. If you do not change your eating habits, do not exercise, it is impossible to fully realize the potential of this drug.
- Obesity caused by decreased thyroid function;
- Psychologically caused eating disorders (anorexia, bulimia);
- Mental illness;
- Diseases of the cardiovascular system (ischemia, heart defects, heart failure, tachycardia, condition after a stroke);
- Increase in blood pressure to a value of 145/90 mm / Hg;
- Hepatic and renal failure;
- Alcoholic, drug, drug addiction;
- Children, elderly, adolescence;
- Pregnancy and lactation;
- Hypersensitivity to drug components.
The main active ingredient of the drug Sibutramine is a chemical compound that requires special care when using it, since it acts on all parts of the central nervous system. When treating with Reduxin, you should not drive vehicles and other mechanisms that require concentration. With long-term use (more than 2 years), this drug can cause suicidal tendencies in patients with an unstable psyche.
- From the digestive tract: constipation and loss of appetite, nausea, exacerbation of hemorrhoids;
- From the side of the cardiovascular system: increased blood pressure, increased heart rate;
- From the nervous system: insomnia, headaches, depression, back pain, irritability, nervousness,
- Skin manifestations: sweating, hemorrhage under the skin, itching;
- Rhinitis and flu-like manifestations;
- Swelling of the limbs.
Most side effects appear in the first 3-4 weeks after the start of treatment, they are pronounced only in 1-10% of patients. After some time, the intensity of side effects decreases or disappears.
Reduxin is taken once in the morning, regardless of the meal. The medicine is washed down with a large amount of liquid, the capsules are not chewed.
- At the beginning of treatment - 10 mg;
- With bad intolerance - 5 mg;
- With apparent ineffectiveness from taking the drug for 4 weeks - 15 mg.
If the weight does not decrease within 3 months, or decreases by less than 5% of the initial body weight, Reduxin is discontinued. The same tactic is carried out if body weight increases abruptly after a decrease while taking the drug. The total duration of the course of treatment cannot exceed 2 years. Failure to comply with the diet and the principle of physical activity after the abolition of Reduxin will lead to an increase in body weight.
Overdose and its treatment
In case of an overdose, the side effects of taking Reduxin increase. Treatment of the consequences of an overdose consists in washing the stomach, taking sorbents and stopping specific consequences.
Compatibility with other medicinal products
Simultaneous administration of Reduxin with MAO inhibitors, agents acting on the nervous system (neuroleptics, antidepressants), drugs with tryptophan, and other drugs for weight loss is not allowed.
Reduksin should not be taken with the following agents:
- With drugs that increase serotonin levels in the blood;
- Drugs for the treatment of migraine (sumatripan, dihydroergotamine);
- Potent analgesics (pethidine, pentazocine, fentanyl);
- Antibiotics from the macrolide group;
Oral contraceptives used simultaneously with Reduxin do not change their effect. The drug does not increase the negative effects of alcohol on the body. Reduxin is used with caution with drugs for arresting arrhythmias, for stimulating gastrointestinal motility, with histamine H 1 receptor blockers.
During treatment with Reduxin, careful monitoring of blood pressure and heart rate is required. These indicators are analyzed every 2 weeks at the beginning of treatment, after 2 months - monthly. Exceeding the level of 145/90 mm Hg within a short interval - a signal to cancel the drug.
The author of the article: Kuzmina Vera Valerievna | Endocrinologist, nutritionist
Pictures are the most important in the design of an apartment and a house, therefore the decor must match. For a classic interior, paintings on canvas with neutral, as well as pastel shades and pacifying subjects are suitable
Learn about what design tasks can be solved with the help of photo wallpaper on the wall, what types they are and how to choose them correctly depending on the room. We will learn how to glue photomurals on the wall and what needs to be done for this. Listed tools for gluing photo wallpaper and video tips for work
What are SIP panel houses, what are sandwich panels made of? Advantages of the material during construction and disadvantages
How convenient it is to apply neodymium magnet in construction as various part holders. Useful devices made of neodymium magnets for holding self-tapping screws, nails with your own hands
Incorrect installation will lead to the formation of mold on the walls and mildew. Styrofoam and expanded polystyrene should be used under screeds to insulate attic and other enclosed spaces