2023 Author: Philip Bishop | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-08-25 07:54
Goldline - instructions for use
- Indications for use
- Side effects
Goldline tablets, manufactured by the Indian pharmaceutical company Ranbaxy Laboratories Ltd., belong to a group of drugs with a central mechanism of action for the treatment of obesity. Its main active ingredient, Sibutramine, produces primary and secondary amines. As a result of biochemical reactions, the need for food decreases, a feeling of fullness quickly appears, which leads to weight loss.
A positive side effect of using Goldline is a decrease in the concentration of total cholesterol, lipoproteins, triglycerides and uric acid. The drug is available in the form of white or yellow capsules with a blue cap.
- The main active ingredient is Sibutramine;
- Excipients - microcellulose, lactose, magnesium stearate, silicon dioxide;
- The substances that make up the capsule shell are gelatin, magnesium lauryl sulfate, titanium dioxide, dyes.
Indications for use
Treatment of alimentary obesity with a BMI over 30 kg / m 2;
- Relief of risk factors associated with excess weight in non-insulin dependent diabetes mellitus, dyslipidemia.
The Goldline drug is used exclusively on the recommendation and under the supervision of the attending physician, as an element of complex therapy. Obesity therapy includes dietary changes and optimal exercise. The use of the drug makes it possible to rebuild eating habits and lifestyle. Permanent change in habits will help maintain the results achieved during therapy. Otherwise, after discontinuation of the drug, a repeated increase in body weight will occur.
The drug is taken in the morning, once on an empty stomach, or during breakfast. Capsules are not chewed, washed down with plenty of water.
- 10 mg is the initial dose;
- 5 mg is the initial dose for poor tolerance;
- 15 mg is a dose taken a month later, with insufficient weight loss (less than 5%).
The total maximum duration of treatment is 2 years or less. With an abrupt increase and decrease in weight (within 3 kg within 3 months), treatment with Goldline is considered ineffective and stops.
In case of an overdose of the drug, symptoms such as increased blood pressure, increased heart rate, and headache may appear. The drug is stopped, the stomach is washed, sorbents are used to reduce the concentration of Sibutramine in the stomach.
- Obesity caused by causes of an organic nature (hypothyroidism), or psychological changes (bulimia, anorexia);
- Tics, mental illness;
- The use of drugs acting on the central nervous system (neuroleptics, antidepressants);
- Diseases of the cardiovascular system (ischemic disease, arrhythmias, tachycardia, condition after a stroke);
- Renal or hepatic impairment;
- Persistent increase in blood pressure above 145/90 mm Hg;
- Addiction to alcohol and drugs;
- Hyperplasia of the prostate;
- Children, adolescence and old age;
With caution, Goldline is used for arrhythmias, mental retardation, motor and verbal tics, arterial hypertension, cholelithiasis, mild and moderate impairment of the liver and kidneys. During treatment with this drug, women of fertile age should use contraceptives.
These manifestations occur in most cases at the beginning of treatment, during the first month. Then they become less pronounced, appear less often. All side effects are reversible, with the cancellation of the drug disappear completely.
Symptoms of side effects:
- Digestive organs - constipation, nausea, dry mouth, change in taste, loss of appetite;
- CNS - headache, dizziness, insomnia, parasthesia;
- Heart and blood vessels - tachycardia, increased heart rate, increased heart rate;
- Skin - itching, increased sweating, hemorrhage under the skin;
- Flu-like syndrome;
- Back and abdominal pain.
Treatment with Goldline requires careful monitoring of blood pressure and heart rate. At the beginning of treatment, these indicators are monitored at least once every 2 weeks, after 2 months - once a month. If there is a history of hypertension, blood pressure is monitored as often as possible. Twofold excess of indicators 145/90 mm Hg. indicates the termination of treatment.
The author of the article: Kuzmina Vera Valerievna | Endocrinologist, nutritionist
Pictures are the most important in the design of an apartment and a house, therefore the decor must match. For a classic interior, paintings on canvas with neutral, as well as pastel shades and pacifying subjects are suitable
Learn about what design tasks can be solved with the help of photo wallpaper on the wall, what types they are and how to choose them correctly depending on the room. We will learn how to glue photomurals on the wall and what needs to be done for this. Listed tools for gluing photo wallpaper and video tips for work
What are SIP panel houses, what are sandwich panels made of? Advantages of the material during construction and disadvantages
How convenient it is to apply neodymium magnet in construction as various part holders. Useful devices made of neodymium magnets for holding self-tapping screws, nails with your own hands
Incorrect installation will lead to the formation of mold on the walls and mildew. Styrofoam and expanded polystyrene should be used under screeds to insulate attic and other enclosed spaces