2023 Author: Philip Bishop | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-08-25 07:54
The pharmaceutical industry's weight loss products are available in various forms (diet pills, powders, capsules).
The main groups of drugs
All weight loss products are combined into the following groups:
- Anorectics are drugs that act on the central nervous system. The effect of weight loss occurs due to suppression of appetite, since anorectics act on the saturation center located in the brain. In Russia, such products are produced on the basis of Sibutramine hydrochloride, based on foreign analogues, there is an analogue of Amphetamine, the Phentermine compound (an example of such anorectics is Adipex diet pills).
Parapharmaceuticals, nutraceuticals - biologically active additives, differing from each other in the proportions of ingredients. Weight loss, thanks to the drugs of this group, occurs due to the beneficial effect on the body of a balanced complex of vitamins and microelements. The quality of these dietary supplements depends on the reputation of the pharmaceutical company that manufactures them, since surrogates may be caught among the worthwhile drugs. Not all manufacturers treat their consumers with respect, as they often deceive them. For example, it is impossible to produce natural vitamin C under artificial conditions; therefore, these preparations contain its synthetic analogue.
- Diuretic and laxative drugs - work by removing excess fluid from the body during bowel movements and urination. The negative effect of the use of these funds is dehydration, loss of electrolytes and beneficial intestinal microflora. And here the manufacturers are misleading consumers, claiming that the composition contains natural extracts of exotic herbs. Most often, a laxative and diuretic effect is achieved due to the herb of Alexandria senna and ordinary pharmaceutical preparations.
- Cellulose-based products - have an excellent effect in terms of weight loss, since their main active ingredient (cellulose) cleanses the intestines from toxins and ballast substances. Contraindications - acute and chronic inflammatory bowel disease, which is often a complication of obesity.
Fat burners are a large group of drugs, the mechanism of action of which is often explained by philosophical categories such as "quintessence" or pseudo-medical terms like "active genes". For the most part, manufacturers explain the mechanism of the effectiveness of their drugs by the breakdown of fat by accelerating metabolism.
- Reduksin light
- List of inexpensive pills
- Effective diet pills?
- The whole truth about diet pills
- So you CAN'T lose weight!
Diet pills Reduksin light is a biologically active food supplement. They are based on conjugated linoleic acid. This compound, getting into the human body, accelerates metabolism and fat burning, as it activates the enzymes responsible for its processing. Reception of this remedy must be combined with physical activity so that adipose tissue is more efficiently replaced by muscle. A sedentary lifestyle will make the use of Reduksin Light useless.
In addition to linoleic acid, the following components are included in the weight loss product:
- Vitamin E;
- Lemon acid,
- Purified water.
Before using the product, it is advisable to consult a doctor. Most buyers are attracted to these diet pills because during their intake they do not have to limit themselves in food, while maintaining their usual diet, they do not suppress appetite.
Indications for use:
- Correction of eating behavior that is not associated with psychological reasons (craving for harmful foods, overeating, unwillingness to establish an optimal diet);
- Supplement to a balanced diet and exercise program;
- The presence of excess weight, so with the variant of the norm the drug will not give the expected effect.
Side effects are not always indicated in the instructions for use of this dietary supplement.
These diet pills, according to consumer reviews, can cause the following sensations:
- Sleep disorders
- Pain in the side, back, lower abdomen,
- Skin rashes
- Depressed state of mind.
Contraindications to the use of Reduxin light:
- lactation, pregnancy, since no clinical trials have been conducted in this category of consumers;
- individual intolerance to the components of the drug;
- children and adolescents (up to 18 years old), for children, safflower oil is used as a source of linoleic acid, produced from the seeds of dyeing safflower.
Learn more: Reduksin - instructions for use
Diet pills Glucophage act on the processes of reducing body weight by lowering insulin levels, normalizing metabolism, reducing the intake of glucose absorbed by the stomach and preventing the entry of fat cells into organs and tissues.
- Metformin hydrochloride;
- Excipients (magnesium stearate, povidone);
- Film shell (hypromellose).
These diet pills are most often recommended for the treatment of obesity in diabetes mellitus, for the direct treatment of diabetes mellitus in children and adults. Manufacturers claim that in healthy people taking the drug for the purpose of losing weight, Glucophage has no effect on the pancreas. Buyers are attracted by the opportunity to reduce body fat, reduce the amount of carbohydrates absorbed in the digestive tract, and lower blood cholesterol.
Contraindications to the use of the drug Glucophage:
- Hypersensitivity to drug components;
- Diabetic coma;
- Renal and hepatic failure, impaired renal and liver function;
- Heart failure, myocardial infarction;
- Pregnancy and lactation;
- Low-calorie diet;
- Advanced age - with caution;
Side effects after taking the drug:
- Pain in the epigastric region;
- Allergic dermatosis;
- Dyspeptic symptoms - diarrhea, vomiting and nausea;
- Metal taste;
- A sharp decrease in appetite.
Learn more: Glucophage - instructions for use
Diet pills Xenical belong to a group of drugs for the treatment of obesity. Their action is based on the inactivation of an enzyme responsible for the breakdown of food fats. Untreated triglycerides are unable to be absorbed into the intestines. The number of calories entered into the body decreases, body weight decreases. Diet pills act in the gastrointestinal tract without penetrating into the general bloodstream.
Buyers of this product appreciate the ability to control body weight and maintain the achieved result. Xenical prevents the relapse of weight gain without reducing the concentration of vitamins and trace elements even with prolonged use (within 2 years).
- Excipients - talc;
- Shell of capsules (pellets) - cellulose, povidone.
Indications for using the drug:
- Obesity treatment,
- Reducing excess weight;
- Relief of obesity in patients with diabetes mellitus.
Contraindications for the use of Xenical:
- Hypersensitivity to drug components;
- Chronic malsorption syndrome;
- Stagnation of bile and a violation of its synthesis.
Side effects are very rare, almost all of them are associated with impaired fat absorption. They appear during the first 3 months of treatment, mainly in the gastrointestinal tract.
The patient experiences the following symptoms:
- Excessive gas evolution;
- Oily feces;
- Frequent bowel movements
- Fecal incontinence;
- Pain in the stomach and rectum;
- Damage to the teeth and gums;
- Allergic rash.
To reduce these symptoms, a low fat diet (no more than 30%) is recommended.
Find out more: Xenical - instructions for use
Diet pills Orsoten act on the fat breakdown process by inhibiting pancreatic and gastric lipase. Disruption of fat metabolism prevents unbroken triglycerides from penetrating the walls of the digestive tract. Assimilation of fats does not occur, the calorie content of the diet decreases, and body weight decreases. Orsoten consumers note a decrease in waist volume, weight loss in the first six months of regular use, and a decrease in blood cholesterol levels. The active components of the drug are not absorbed through the intestinal walls, do not penetrate into the circulatory system.
Excipient - microcrystalline cellulose,
- The shell components are gelatin, water, titanium dioxide, hypromellose.
Indications for the appointment of Orsoten - the need to reduce body weight, obesity, body mass index (BMI) above 28. A combination of the drug with drugs to lower blood sugar in the treatment of diabetes mellitus and concomitant obesity is used.
- Stagnation of bile;
- Age under 18;
- Chronic maalsorption;
- Pregnancy, lactation.
Side effects while taking Orsoten are associated with impaired fat absorption. A patient taking diet pills experiences the following symptoms:
- Digestive tract - diarrhea, oily feces, flatulence, abdominal pain, fecal incontinence, frequent urge to defecate, rectal bleeding;
- Skin - an allergic rash;
- Hepatitis, increased liver enzymes;
A low-fat diet can help reduce the severity of side effects. It is imperative to increase physical activity and not stop exercising after drug withdrawal.
Find out more: Orsoten - instructions for use
Goldline diet pills are a drug used exclusively under the supervision of a specialist. It is taken in cases where all the activities designed to reduce weight are ineffective. The action of the active substance is aimed at reducing the need for food, the formation of a rapidly emerging feeling of satiety.
Consumers of the drug note a significant decrease in appetite, a decrease in body weight in a short time, the preservation of the results achieved after the withdrawal of the drug. This effect is easily achieved with the simultaneous adherence to a diet and increased physical activity, both while taking Goldline, and after its cancellation.
- The main active ingredient is sibutramine;
- Magnesium stearate;
- Microcrystalline cellulose;
- The components of the capsule shell are gelatin, sodium lauryl sulfate, titanium dioxide.
Goldline diet pills are indicated in the treatment of constitutional obesity, to reduce excess weight with a body mass index of more than 30, and with a combination of excess weight and diabetes mellitus, the drug is taken with a BMI of 27 units.
- Hypersensitivity to drug components;
- Obesity due to organic causes;
- Heart failure, ischemia, heart disease, heart rhythm disturbances;
- Mental illness;
- Increase in blood pressure above 145/90 mm Hg. Art.;
- Severe renal and hepatic impairment;
- Children, adolescence and old age;
- Pregnancy and lactation.
Side effects while taking Goldline diet pills are usually felt within the first month of use. Most of these symptoms appear only in 1-10% of cases and are compensated after drug withdrawal.
- Dryness of the oral mucosa;
- Loss of appetite;
- Increased heart rate;
- Increased blood pressure;
- Changing the taste of foods;
- Increased sweating;
- Nausea and vomiting.
Weight jumps while taking the drug (decrease and increase in the range of 3 kg) is a signal to stop taking Goldline capsules.
Find out more: Goldline Instructions for Use
Diet pills Meridia have anorexigenic effect. Their main active ingredient, Sibutramine, acts on the central nervous system, blocking hunger. Consumers of this remedy in a short time part with extra pounds, they believe that this remedy helps to tolerate the toughest diet without difficulty.
The composition of the drug Meridia:
- Excipients - lactose, silicone dioxide, magnesium stearate, cellulose.
Indications for taking the drug are the treatment of obesity, excess body weight with a BMI over 30 units, with a combination of obesity with diabetes mellitus with a BMI over 27 units.
- Obesity due to organic causes;
- Mental illness;
- Diseases of the heart and blood vessels;
- Arterial hypertension;
- Hepatic and renal failure;
- Hyperplasia of the prostate;
- Children, adolescence and old age;
- Heart rhythm disorders.
Side effects from the use of diet pills Meridia are noticeable in the first few weeks of taking. In the future, their intensity decreases, they become less pronounced.
- Disorders of the central and autonomic nervous system (headache, insomnia, changes in the usual taste of foods);
- Disorders of the cardiovascular system (increased blood pressure, increased heart rate);
- Disorders of the gastrointestinal tract (nausea, constipation, decreased or lack of appetite);
- Irritability and anxiety.
Find out more: Meridia - instructions for use
Diet pills Modelform belong to the group of dietary supplements. They are designed to reduce body weight, supplemented with natural ingredients. Consumers choose it for its ability to reduce body fat, relieve cravings for starchy foods and sweets, regulate appetite and reduce blood sugar.
Composition of the Modelform product:
- Innovative complex Elegrinol (extracts of momordica, medlar, bitter orange, pueraria);
- Corosolic acid;
Indications for the use of this drug are weight loss, obesity treatment.
Contraindications to the use of modelform:
- Children and adolescents;
- Individual intolerance.
Side effects: allergies, anaphylactic shock.
Depending on the components of the drug, several types of diet pills are produced: Modelform 18+, Modelform 30+, Modelform 40+, Modelform 50+, taking into account the age characteristics of consumers.
Learn more: Modelform - instructions for use
Diet pills Porziola is an innovative product that provides a feeling of fullness from a minimum amount of food. This effect is based on the replacement of part of the stomach volume with a hydrogel. Filling the stomach helps to suppress hunger, to do with the minimum amount of food. Reducing the number of calories consumed quickly leads to weight loss. Porciola allows consumers not to change their usual diet, to combine it with other drugs.
Indications for the use of the product - weight correction, obesity treatment, prevention of the appearance of fatty deposits.
The composition of Porziola:
- carbomer particles that are converted to a polyacrylic acid hydrogel.
Contraindications for taking Porciol capsules:
- Individual intolerance to the components of the drug;
- Disorders of the gastrointestinal tract (gastritis, gastric ulcer and 12 duodenal ulcer);
- Endocrine disorders (diabetes mellitus);
- Condition after surgery;
- Children and adolescents.
Side effects of the drug appear in less than 1% of use cases:
Find out more: Porziola instructions for use
Diet pills Furosemide are designed to remove water from the body, relieve edema of various etiologies. Removing fluid from the body can reduce weight by several kilograms. The diuretic Furosemide attracts consumers with its low price, high efficiency.
The composition of the Furasemide tablets:
- The active substance is Furosemide;
- Potato starch;
- Magnesium stearate;
- Colloidal form of silicon dioxide.
Indications for the use of Furosemide tablets are not only weight loss, but also a significant number of severe pathologies:
- Edema with kidney pathologies and liver cirrhosis;
- Pulmonary edema with heart failure;
- Hypertensive crisis;
- Cerebral edema;
- High blood pressure.
Contraindications to the use of furosemide:
- Water-salt metabolism disorders;
- Hepatic and renal failure;
- Cardiovascular diseases;
- Intoxication after taking cardiac glycosides;
- Systemic lupus erythematosus;
- Urethral stenosis;
- Individual intolerance to the components of the drug.
- From the side of the cardiovascular system - arrhythmias, tachycardia, collapse;
- From the nervous system - apathy, parasthesia, headache, confusion;
- Hearing and vision impairment
- From the digestive system - diarrhea, constipation, pancreatitis, anorexia, dry mucous membranes.
- From the genitourinary system - nephritis, impotence, urinary retention, oliguria.
- Water-salt metabolism disorders.
Furosemide tablets should be used under the supervision of a physician, since the excretion of a large amount of fluid deprives the body of potassium and magnesium, which are necessary for full salt metabolism.
Turboslim diet pills belong to the group of dietary supplements. Consumers are offered two types of this product: Turboslim Day and Turboslim Night, which differ from each other in individual ingredients. The drug normalizes fat metabolism, ensures the breakdown of fat without consequences for the condition of the skin, the nervous system, and the work of the digestive tract.
Consumers are attracted to this product by its ability to break down fats, rid the body of toxins, prevent swelling, maintain healthy sleep and the nervous system. It is highly appreciated by buyers that both varieties of the drug take into account the peculiarities of the body's loss of calories at different times of the day.
Composition of Turboslim diet pills:
- Guarana extract,
- Red algae extract,
- Lemon balm extract,
- Garcinia cambogia,
- Senna Alexandria extract,
- Cherry stalk extract,
- Garcinia extract,
- Turmeric extract,
- Horsetail extract,
- Burdock root extract.
Indications for the use of the drug - weight loss while strengthening the nervous system, strengthening the immune system, improving the functioning of the digestive tract.
Contraindications to the use of turboslim:
- Pregnancy and lactation,
- Intolerance to the components of the drug,
- Heightened hell,
- Heart failure,
Side effects when using this remedy are manifested as follows:
- Allergic dermatitis,
- Nervous excitability
- Gastrointestinal Disorders.
Find out more: Turoboslim (tablets) - instructions for use
List of inexpensive diet pills in pharmacies
Among the inexpensive diet pills that can be found in pharmacies, there are several:
- MCC Ankir B (tablets) is a dietary supplement that cleans the body of toxins and cholesterol. Supplements help reduce body weight, blood sugar and cholesterol levels. The average price of the drug is 120 rubles.
- Chromium picolinate (drops) is a remedy for the restoration of carbohydrate and fat metabolism, it is used to prevent anorexia, to replenish chromium deficiency. The average price of drops is 190 rubles.
- Turboslim "Appetite Control" - chewable diet pills that eliminate hunger. They act on taste buds and control appetite. The average price of drops is 220 rubles.
- Garcinia Forte - diet pills based on garcinia extract containing hydroxycitric acid. The acid helps to interrupt the feeding process in time, not to gain extra calories, maintaining high blood glucose levels. The average price is 340 rubles.
- Calorie blocker Phase 2 is a dietary supplement belonging to the group of dietary supplements. White kidney bean extract blocks the digestive enzyme responsible for the breakdown and absorption of complex carbohydrates. The average price of the drug is 360 rubles.
- Diet formula Fitodiurex Potassium Plus - diet pills that stimulate metabolism, replenish the supply of vitamin C, B6, correct water-salt metabolism, have a choleretic, tonic effect. The average price is 380 rubles.
- Chitosan Evalar - diet pills that reduce body weight. Chitosan normalizes metabolism, removes fats from food from the body. The average price is 390 rubles.
What are the most effective diet pills?
It is impossible to lose weight using only means to reduce body weight, without the introduction of physical activity and a special diet. There are no drugs, using which, you could not limit yourself in food and at the same time lose extra pounds.
Overweight patients put up with the side effects of diet pills (headache, constipation, diarrhea, insomnia and nausea). Meanwhile, you can get rid of those extra pounds in more gentle ways.
Measures for effective weight loss:
- Fractional meals - often, in small and portions, without snacks;
- Avoiding alcohol;
- Optimal water regime, consumption of at least 2 liters of water per day;
- Refusal to eat after 6 pm;
- Inclusion in the menu of seafood, boiled lean meat.
Only when these rules are followed can one count on a lasting effect from the use of diet pills, on the fact that there will be no cancellation effect - the return of body fat. In most cases, just these measures and physical activity are enough to lose excess weight without the help of pharmaceutical products with their contraindications and side effects.
It is not in vain that these drugs have strict restrictions for use in children, adolescents, the elderly, pregnant women and nursing mothers. Even an absolutely healthy person should not take such remedies without consulting a dietitian.
The whole truth about diet pills
There are no ideal weight loss drugs. Their main active ingredients have many side effects.
So you CAN'T lose weight
Diet pills (appetite blockers and psychostimulants) can be dangerous to physical and mental health, or completely useless.
For weight loss, it is impossible to purchase a remedy that allows you to lose extra pounds, and not change your diet, and lead a sedentary lifestyle. By following the rules of good nutrition, changing your lifestyle, you can achieve lasting results in a safer way.
The author of the article: Kuzmina Vera Valerievna | Endocrinologist, nutritionist
List of choleretic drugs for bile stasisDiseases of the gallbladder are common. Among them, biliary dyskinesia and cholecystitis, all of them are often accompanied by chronic pancreatitis. Moreover, not only adults, but also children are sick
Stomach reduction surgeryTo reduce excess weight, there are many methods: therapeutic diet, drugs for the treatment of obesity, the use of massage and specially designed exercise complexes, fasting. These methods are indicated for those who have gained excess weight as a result of improperly composed diet, neglect of physical activity, hormonal jump as a result of pregnancy and childbirth
Alkaline diet: pros and consThe management of patients with various chronic pathologies made it possible to establish the relationship of most diseases with the level of acidity in the body. This became the basis for a simple but effective diet called alkaline
Diet PP: principles, menus, prosWhat is the PP diet? This is, first of all, the abbreviation "proper nutrition". With the help of such a diet, you can regulate metabolic processes in the body, which will allow it to independently begin to get rid of fat deposits, as well as toxins
Chicken diet: pros and consA chicken diet is considered one of the easiest and most affordable ways to lose weight. It is great for those people who cannot imagine their daily diet without meat products. The protein found in chicken is complete