2023 Author: Philip Bishop | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-08-25 07:54
Injections (injections) for weight loss: types, pros and cons
Slimming injections can be called a rather innovative way to get rid of excess weight. Thanks to injections, you can get rid of fatty deposits without long training and diets. The weight goes away, and the losing weight person himself does not put any effort into it. Therefore, it is not surprising that slimming injections are of great interest to both women and men.
Injections allow you to achieve weight loss in problem areas. After all, even those people who are actively involved in sports know very well that some zones are very difficult to correct. However, injections can do it. They can be injected into the abdomen and buttocks, chin and arms.
It should be understood that injections will not be able to break down a lot of fat. They allow you to deal with small folds. Therefore, such injections are practiced to reduce the severity of cellulite, to increase skin elasticity. Sometimes they are injected to combat stretch marks.
So is it worth taking just a few injections and gaining a slim figure, or abandoning them for fear of possible harm to health?
Types of slimming injections
Cosmetologists offer several types of injections for weight loss, which differ in their composition and mechanism of action. There are injections that can be administered exclusively in medical centers, while others are allowed even at home. Each drug has its own indications and contraindications. Among them are distinguished:
- AT 12
- Ozone therapy
HCG injections for weight loss
Human chorionic gonadotropin is produced in a woman's body during pregnancy. In medical practice, it is used to treat female infertility. If hCG is injected into problem areas, it will help burn fat, but the muscles will remain intact.
The combination of injections with a low-calorie diet (more than 500 kcal per day cannot be consumed), according to some experts, should give the desired result. The fat should dissolve and the muscles should remain. Although, as practice shows, there are very few patients who are satisfied with their "renewed" body. In addition, subcutaneous administration of the hormone can provoke a number of side effects.
Injections are injected into the abdomen. The procedure itself is practically painless. The doctor selects the dose on an individual basis. For it to be as correct as possible, a preliminary examination is necessary.
Having decided on losing weight by introducing hormonal drugs, you need to understand all the consequences of such an intervention. Even if a person knows which hormone is responsible for the process of losing weight, it is not always possible to determine what exactly caused the excess weight: its increased or decreased level. This can be found out only with the help of special tests and only in the doctor's office.
Hormones for the female body are of great importance. Violation of their balance instantly affects not only the appearance, but also the health in general. Therefore, taking risks and starting an independent fight with fat in this way is categorically not recommended.
Contraindications to the administration of the hCG hormone:
- Individual intolerance to the components of the drug.
- Malignant tumor of the ovaries.
- Early onset of menopause.
- The tendency to form blood clots.
- Violation of the patency of the fallopian tubes.
- Inflammatory processes in the adrenal glands.
If the injections are not administered correctly, or the doctor prescribes a too high dose of the drug, this will provoke ovarian hyperstimulation.
This side effect is expressed in the following:
- The appearance of acne;
- Blood clots.
It should be understood that the administration of injections with the hCG hormone is possible only on medical advice. Moreover, reviews indicate their low effectiveness in the fight against obesity. Since the information available at this time is very contradictory, the use of chorionic gonadotropin for weight loss is not recommended.
B12 injections for weight loss
The introduction of this vitamin allows you to normalize the metabolism, gives an energy boost to the body, which contributes to weight loss. Vitamin B 12, injected into problem areas, will not harm health. However, it is unlikely that you will be able to lose weight with it. This procedure is more aimed at improving the body. As for the fight against excess weight, the effect is possible, but only in combination with other procedures.
Vitamin B12 injections are contraindicated in the following cases:
- Carrying a child (exceptions are possible, but only on strict medical advice). The fact is that when the vitamin is administered in excessive doses, it has a teratogenic effect.
- Individual intolerance to vitamin B12.
- Thromboembolism, erythremia, erythrocytosis.
It is possible to administer vitamin B12 in the following cases (but only after a medical consultation):
- Oncological diseases.
- Lack of cyanocobalamin.
- The tendency to form blood clots.
- Angina pectoris.
If a person is allergic to cobalt or cobalamin, then vitamin B12 injections are strictly prohibited.
Be sure to inform your doctor about the following health problems:
- Diseases of the kidneys and liver.
- Lack of iron or folic acid in the body.
- Infectious diseases.
- Taking medications that affect the bone marrow.
- Carrying a baby or planning a pregnancy.
Brent Bauer, MD: “A number of clinics specializing in dietetics and obesity are offering vitamin B12 supplements to their patients. Proponents of the method claim that it allows you to speed up the metabolism, due to which the fat goes away. However, against the background of vitamin B12 deficiency in the body, it will not be possible to accelerate metabolic processes.
In addition, vitamin B12 can have a negative effect on the absorption of other drugs. Therefore, it is necessary to inform the doctor in advance about the treatment being carried out.
Losing weight quickly and easily is not the best option when considered from a health point of view. The main thing is to lead a correct lifestyle, eat well and play sports, including training in your daily routine."
Lipotropics are those substances that must be produced in the body on their own. However, if this does not happen, then their injection is possible.
Lipotropics are also called "fat blockers", since they prevent it from being fully absorbed from food. Lipotropics are designed to regulate metabolic processes in the body. In case of malfunctions in the metabolism, they allow you to bring it back to normal. Lipotropics are of different types. They are administered at different intervals, which largely depends on the selected complex. Therefore, the selection of the drug should be carried out on an individual basis.
If we consider the effectiveness of subcutaneous administration of lipotropics, then this is a very controversial issue. Although, judging by the reviews, it still helps to get rid of a few extra pounds. However, this fact has not been scientifically confirmed.
Slimming ozone therapy
This is a relatively young method of losing weight, but it has already found many fans. During the procedure, an ozone-oxygen mixture is injected under the skin, which consists of only 5% ozone and 95% oxygen. The result is body shaping without harm to health.
After the injection, a cascade of chemical processes is launched that occur in the lymph, in the blood and in the subcutaneous fat. Fat under the influence of a mixture of ozone and oxygen begins to break down, and toxins will be removed from the body. Cellulite is reduced by increasing blood flow in problem areas, as well as by accelerated lymphatic drainage.
In beauty salons, they offer to reduce body volume using ozone therapy. In this case, injections are injected directly into the fatty deposits.
Subcutaneous injections. Ozone is injected under the skin using a special device called the ozonizer.
The doctor fills the syringe with the ozone-oxygen mixture and makes several subcutaneous injections. From the outside it may seem that the syringe is completely empty. The injection is done directly into the problem area.
Using the procedure, you can put in order such areas as:
- The chin;
More than 2 liters of the mixture cannot be injected in one procedure. Failure to comply with this recommendation will lead to intoxication of the body. Therefore, during a one-time visit to the doctor's office, it will be possible to work out only one problem area.
Although the injections cause minor pain, it can be tolerated. In the event that a person has a low pain threshold, anesthesia may be required before starting the procedure.
It may take 5-15 sessions to get rid of body fat. The interval between them must be at least 2 days. A more accurate number of procedures can only be announced by a doctor, since it depends on the thickness of the fatty layer that a person wants to get rid of. The result can be seen after 4 sessions. The full course allows you to remove up to 10 extra centimeters.
Ozone-oxygen mixture introduction using multi-injection needles. It is possible to introduce ozone-oxygen mixture using multi-injection needles. In this case, instead of one injection, the doctor simultaneously inserts five needles at once.
Stages of the procedure:
- The needles are inserted into the area to be processed.
- The mixture is supplied to the body through the ozonizer.
- After a quarter of an hour, the needles are rearranged to another place.
- To distribute the gases evenly, the doctor massages the treatment area.
The session does not take more than half an hour. If the purpose of the procedure is to remove the orange peel, the doctor performs an anti-cellulite massage.
Contraindications to the procedure are the following:
- Allergy to ozone.
- Inflammation of the dermis.
- There is a risk of bleeding.
- Inflammation of the pancreas.
- Hypotension or hypertension.
- Blood clotting disorders.
- Cancer diseases.
- Disorders of the thyroid gland.
- Alcohol intoxication.
To minimize the risk of side effects, you should refuse to visit the bathhouse, sauna, steam room, gym on the day of the procedure. This will prevent contact with chlorinated water at the injection site.
Opinion of doctors about ozone therapy
Dermatologist OV Stryukova: “Injections with an ozone mixture are not capable of provoking mutagenic changes in the body. It is a great replacement for liposuction. Fat leaves problem areas, skin tone increases. The maximum effect can be obtained in a short period of time."
Ozone therapy specialist Olga Abramova: "The procedure allows you to quickly get rid of cellulite due to the active breakdown of fats, so this method is a priority in terms of local fight against extra pounds."
Mesotherapy allows you to get rid of fatty deposits due to the fact that the active ingredient is delivered directly to the problem area, bypassing the digestive system and the circulatory system. The main advantage of the procedure is that you can get rid of fat exactly in the place where the patient sees fit. For example, you can remove fat deposits from the sides or thighs. The cocktail contains vitamins and other nutrients that can heal the body as a whole. Therefore, mesotherapy has a positive effect on a person's well-being.
Injections help dissolve fats, but they cannot get to visceral fat. After all, it lies in the deep layers. Therefore, mesotherapy is a technique that corrects body volumes.
With its help, you can deal with problems such as:
- Small accumulation of fat in problem areas;
- Sagging skin;
- Reducing the severity of stretch marks.
Used drugs in mesotherapy
The drugs used for mesotherapy are also called vitamin or medicinal cocktails.
The following sets can be used:
- Lipolytics, which are responsible for the breakdown of fat. They are injected in rather impressive volumes if you have to fight cellulite.
- Enzymes that make connective tissues looser. They allow you to "break" the bubble that surrounds cellulite.
- Elastin and collagen, which help to increase the tone of the dermis, allow to consolidate the obtained result, tighten the skin and provide the necessary visual effect.
- Vascular preparations that allow you to get rid of edema and numb the vascular wall.
- Vitamins that make the skin healthier and more radiant.
Types of mesotherapy
There are two types of mesotherapy:
- Hardware. It is not too painful, since the injections are performed using a special apparatus, which allows you to achieve high speeds. The puncture depth is also automatically adjusted. There is a possibility of processing significant areas of the body.
- Manual, when injections are administered manually. The doctor independently prepares a cocktail and injects it to the patient. If you want to achieve a rejuvenating effect, then the needle is inserted to a depth of 1-2 mm, and to combat cellulite, the puncture is made deeper: up to 2 cm. The doctor independently controls this process.
The results of mesotherapy will be noticeable after 1-2 procedures. During this period, you can lose up to 3 cm in volume, pull the skin, and increase its elasticity. If mesotherapy is carried out in order to get rid of cellulite, then the result can be assessed only after 5 procedures, but not earlier.
To ensure that the result is not lost in the shortest possible time, you must strictly follow all the doctor's instructions. In particular, you need to limit yourself in nutrition, play sports. If this is not done, then the weight will return very quickly.
There is also a phenomenon of psychological dependence on mesotherapy, when the patient begins to think that he will not be able to bring his figure back to normal in other ways. The problem of such a plan must be eliminated in a timely manner by involving specialists in the work.
Contraindications to mesotherapy are the following:
- The period of bearing the baby and breastfeeding the baby;
- Cancer diseases;
- Blood clotting disorders;
- Diseases of an autoimmune nature;
- Exacerbation of chronic diseases;
- Allergy to the components that make up the meso cocktail.
The side effects of mesotherapy are as follows:
- In case of violation of the technique of performing the procedure:
- Burn. It can occur when, immediately after performing mesotherapy, the patient is sent for physiotherapy.
- Bruising. This side effect occurs more often than others. The severity of hematomas depends on the qualifications of the doctor.
- Scarring. They can form in the case when the doctor does not know the nappage technique, or does his job inattentively.
- Side effects caused by the injected drug itself:
- In the case when the drug is administered at too high a speed, the following negative phenomena may occur: local skin hyperemia, a drop in blood pressure, nausea or vomiting, fainting, negative reactions of calcitonin. After 30 minutes, all these manifestations should be completely stopped. They do not pose any serious threat to human life and health. If the patient suffers from gastritis, the administration of NSAIDs can provoke painful sensations in the stomach.
- Allergy. Shock can develop in response to the administration of Procaine. Nevertheless, over the past 50 years, such a complication has never happened. In addition, the sulfite radical is a fairly strong allergen.
- Side effects arising from the wrong introduction of the cocktail:
- Tissue death can occur when the doctor has absolutely no knowledge of the technique of the procedure.
- Pain. So that the patient does not experience severe painful sensations, the doctor must correctly calculate the depth of injection and choose sparing drugs.
- Infection of soft tissues. To prevent this complication, it is necessary to thoroughly disinfect the injection site.
Expert opinion on mesotherapy
Doctor-cosmetologist Elena Korolenko
“The main advantage of mesotherapy is that it allows you to lose weight only in problem areas. It is often very difficult to achieve this with the help of diets or sports, because the body weight in general will go away.
The back of the thighs, breeches, belly can be corrected. The drugs go directly to the tissues where they will work. It is very effective to break down fats when several technologies are combined at once: ultrasound receipt, LPG complex, mesotherapy and other hardware techniques.
The cocktail for mesotherapy contains not only substances aimed at burning fat, but also vitamins and nutritional complexes that are carried with the bloodstream throughout the body. To achieve weight loss, a wide variety of substances can be used, including: rutin, caffeine, vitamins, L-carotene, sodium deoxycholate, etc. The mixture must be selected for each patient individually.
Biopuncture or, as it is also called, pharmacopuncture is an innovative method of losing weight, which is also based on the introduction of certain drugs under the skin. However, in this case, mesotherapy is combined with acupuncture. At the same time, small doses of drugs are injected into the acupuncture points. It should be understood that biopuncture is a technique not only for getting rid of extra centimeters, but also for improving the body as a whole. In addition to getting rid of cellulite, you can tighten the skin and accelerate metabolic processes. The effect can be seen after the first procedure.
Lipolytics are soy enzymes (PPCs). They are also known as lecithin, as they are found in foods. The body produces these enzymes on its own. Their synthesis is carried out in the liver. After all, it is this organ that is responsible for the breakdown of fats and for lipid metabolism in the body. In order for lecithin to have the maximum effect in terms of weight loss, other components are added to it.
Lipotherapy (injection lipolysis) is a procedure that boils down to the introduction of special drugs into problem areas. Injections are carried out using the finest needles. The composition of the drug may include vitamins, biologically active substances, etc. These drugs allow you to eliminate fat deposits in problem areas, for example, get rid of a double chin, reduce the volume of trouble or buttocks. Fat cells are destroyed and excreted by the body, the skin becomes more toned, cellulite goes away.
Lipotherapy is a rather painful procedure; after it is carried out, hematomas and edema remain on the body. During the administration of drugs, the patient experiences a burning sensation, and then numbness of the treated areas is possible. To create the most comfortable conditions for the patient, it is possible to use anesthesia. One session lasts no more than 20 minutes. The needle is inserted to a depth of 12 mm.
The number of procedures is selected on an individual basis. The first effect can be visualized after the 3rd visit to the beautician. The course can be repeated no earlier than in a year.
Lipolysis and mesotherapy: what's the difference?
Lipolysis and mesotherapy procedures are two different procedures in terms of the mechanism of action. They are united only by the fact that the drugs are injected under the skin.
The main differences between lipolysis and mesotherapy
|How deep is the puncture||6 mm||10 mm or more|
|What are they used for?||To rejuvenate the dermis, to increase its firmness and elasticity, to even out the tone.||To reduce the volume and to get rid of cellulite.|
So, with the help of mesotherapy, you can improve the condition of the skin, and with the help of lipotherapy, you can lose weight. It is these differences that determine the depth of drug administration.
List of major lipolytics
Cosmetologists offer their patients a choice of several lipolytics. They have a different composition and different effectiveness.
- Dermastabilone. The drug is available in 5 ml ampoules. It contains deoxycholate and phosphatidylcholine. The maximum puncture depth is 10 mm, the distance between the injections is 1 cm. One injection should contain 0.2 ml of the drug. Dermastabilone can be administered no more than once every eight days.
- Aqualix. This pinkish or colorless solution contains sodium deoxycholate, polymer and galactose. One ampoule contains 8 ml of the drug. Aqualix has a unique structure that allows the drug to be evenly distributed under the skin. With one injection, it is possible to process an area of up to 20 square meters. see. Thanks to this, it is enough to make only 2, maximum 3 injections. The maximum insertion depth is 15 mm. This drug is very often used to eliminate fat deposits in the chin area.
- Revital Celluform. This drug differs from other lipolytics in that it contains the components of a meso cocktail: deoxycholate, phosphatidylcholine, arnica extract, amino acids, nicotinic acid, antioxidants and vitamins. The volume of one ampoule is 10 ml. As a rule, 6 sessions are enough for the course, the interval between each session should be at least 7 days. To achieve the maximum effect, it is necessary to conduct 2 courses per year. After the injection, inflammation will occur in the problem area, which will subside after a few days. This drug is used for lipolysis and mesotherapy.
- MPX - lipolytic complex. This complex contains components such as benzopyrone, carnitine, deoxycholate, dandelion extract and lidocaine. One ampoule contains 5 ml of solution. The distance between injections should be at least 20 mm, the needle is inserted to a depth of 10 mm. For one trip to the cosmetologist, you cannot inject more than 10 ml of the drug.
- Phosphatidylcholine. This lipolytic allows you to break down fats into light components, which are easily removed from the body through the lymphatic system. The drug is based on a natural substance that is produced by the human body. Therefore, the risk of allergic reactions is minimized. The introduction of this lipolytic does not cause pronounced painful sensations, so it will be possible to do without anesthesia.
- Sodium deoxycholate. This lipolytic can be used as a monocomponent for injections and in combination with other drugs for mesotherapy. It is most actively used to remove extra centimeters from the abdomen. The result persists throughout the year, and subject to medical recommendations, this period can be increased.
- Dermaheal LL cocktail. The cocktail contains peptides, phosphatidylcholine and L-carotene. The drug promotes the breakdown of fats, and also allows you to activate metabolic and regenerative processes in tissues. Another advantage of this complex is that it has been on the market for over 15 years and has earned an excellent reputation.
- Cocktail MIC. This cocktail contains choline, inositol and methionine. It is used to work out the abdominal area. In addition to the fact that the drug helps to lose weight, it facilitates the work of the liver, removing the load from it.
Contraindications to lipotherapy are as follows:
- Disorders in the liver and kidneys;
- Varicose veins;
- Blood clotting disorder;
- Any inflammatory process in the body;
- Allergy to the components of the injected drug;
- Carrying a child;
- The tendency to form scars;
- Acute stage of any chronic disease;
- Malfunctions of the endocrine system.
Side effects include the following:
- A burning sensation at the injection site;
- Itchy skin;
- Hyperemia of the skin;
- Increase in local body temperature;
- Swelling and bruising that will go away over several days;
- Violation of the skin relief, which will even out on its own after 10-15 days.
Homemade injections for weight loss
At home, you can enter the drug Aqualix. You can buy it at almost any pharmacy.
This drug is absolutely safe, so if you have experience in setting injections, then you can start the procedure even at home. To achieve a positive effect, 3-4 injections are enough.
It is worth considering that experts still do not recommend making yourself injections for weight loss on your own, since the risk of complications cannot be excluded.
At home, you can also use a mesoscooter, which will not allow tissue damage to an impressive depth. It is enough to run the roller over the skin, and then apply a meso cocktail to the treated area. Through the punctures made, the active substances of the mixture will penetrate into the deep layers of the skin, producing the desired effect.
The author of the article: Kuzmina Vera Valerievna | Endocrinologist, nutritionist
What Is Ecowool And How Much Insulation Is Needed To Insulate A House And What Are The Pros And Cons
The material has good heat and sound insulation, the advantages are the cost and speed of application in one day (video). Make a quick calculation of the insulation calculator
What is liquid wallpaper? What are the characteristics of liquid wallpaper for wall decoration - advantages and disadvantages. Popular manufacturers, what textures are, how and how to apply them, how to prepare a wall
Colon hydrotherapy: pros and cons, reviewsColon hydrotherapy is a procedure that began to gain momentum in popularity among Hollywood stars at the end of the last century. It can be carried out in SPA centers, beauty salons and other institutions that specialize in bowel cleansing
Smoothies for weight loss and body cleansingSmoothie is a thick cocktail based on fruits and berries, or a mixture of both. Smoothie is not only tasty, but also a healthy food product for any person. Depending on the composition of the smoothie, this drink can be used as a complete snack, breakfast or light dinner
Dairy diet for weight lossDairy aficionados can try the weight loss diet of the same name. Milk is rich in vitamins, calcium and minerals. Just one liter of this healthy and tasty drink fills the body with easily digestible protein in the amount of the daily requirement